We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

To The Drivers Of Sheffield: make sure your indicators are working

funny you should say that, see the new yesterday, i think it was Australia, the poor guy who's cruise control got stuck and he couldnt slow down on their motorway?

Bet he cacked himself :D

Looks like I got bottom raped then :(, I took it to the place on ulveston road (bottom of woodseats road) They said that I needed the light, the relay and the Ballast pack?????

They said what had happened was the window washer thing had split meaning that the water had gone straight into the light (Because my good friend had taken the casing off and not put it back properly as he had a 172 and had a problem with his light)

if that makes sense :)

Oh so it wasnt just a bulb then :D

That would explain the questioning of £400 for a headlight bulb!

I goto admit tho i dont know many people who actually check all their lights are working that regular, i always check once a week when im doing the water oil extra, so hopefully i would notice within a week at least if i had one out.

What about people who drive about all the time with their rear fog light on that annoys me :rant:

I make my dad check everything, gives him something to do the lazy sod :)

I'm not sure if my sarcasm came accross properley but I was actually getting at the amount of drivers who just dont bother indicating.

Recentley I have seen loads of cars with broken indicators, please make sure yours are working, its mainly on BMW's, Mercs and Audi's? Maybe they cost more to replace?

So please check your indicators work.

The v.wierd thing is that I often see the same cars with broken indicators parked on double yellows but their hazzard lights work??? Maybe there are other issue at fault here?

I think you'll find that the issue is not that they don't work but rather that they are an optional extra on these cars. It's the only reason I can think of why so many of the drivers don't seem to see the need to use them.

What are indicators? :)

next time you go for a paper and park in a bus stop outside a shop, when you get out look at the flashing orange lights on your car, thats what they are. :roll:

What are indicators? :)

They are those orange flashing lights that bus drivers use to tell you that they are pulling out in front of you whether you have let them out or not

They are those orange flashing lights that bus drivers use to tell you that they are pulling out in front of you whether you have let them out or not

Being a alert driver you should actually be slowing down in anticipation of any vehicle that has an indicator on pulling out on you wether you let them or not!

Rather than speeding up and putting your own indicator on to overtake. :D

You ignored their indicator so they should automatically then ignore yours???

Edited by dink

funny you should say that, see the new yesterday, i think it was Australia, the poor guy who's cruise control got stuck and he couldnt slow down on their motorway?

Bet he cacked himself :D

Not funny :(

Same happened to my Dad on the day before Xmas Eve with a Renault 25 V6, he got ejected through the (closed) sunroof @ 70 mph. 1986, I think it was.

1 month in A&E, half of it between life & death.

I was a kid then, so not very pleasant memories.

Thank God he had the nerve to swerve off the motorway before he took anyone else out.

Edited by L00b

Seems like there are a lot of drivers who have no idea how to drive or what to do when they DO drive! Not indicating when turning - not changing headlight bulbs - not even putting headlights on - using high beam when on city roads - using fog lights when its not even foggy. How on earth some ppl got driving licences I have no idea.

When the clocks went back the roads were 30% more busy than usual coz some drivers panic and cant drive correctly in the dark.