To The Drivers Of Sheffield: make sure your indicators are working

What are indicators? :)

next time you go for a paper and park in a bus stop outside a shop, when you get out look at the flashing orange lights on your car, thats what they are. :roll:

They are those orange flashing lights that bus drivers use to tell you that they are pulling out in front of you whether you have let them out or not

Being a alert driver you should actually be slowing down in anticipation of any vehicle that has an indicator on pulling out on you wether you let them or not!

Rather than speeding up and putting your own indicator on to overtake. :D

You ignored their indicator so they should automatically then ignore yours???

Edited by dink

funny you should say that, see the new yesterday, i think it was Australia, the poor guy who's cruise control got stuck and he couldnt slow down on their motorway?

Bet he cacked himself :D

Not funny :(

Same happened to my Dad on the day before Xmas Eve with a Renault 25 V6, he got ejected through the (closed) sunroof @ 70 mph. 1986, I think it was.

1 month in A&E, half of it between life & death.

I was a kid then, so not very pleasant memories.

Thank God he had the nerve to swerve off the motorway before he took anyone else out.

Edited by L00b

Seems like there are a lot of drivers who have no idea how to drive or what to do when they DO drive! Not indicating when turning - not changing headlight bulbs - not even putting headlights on - using high beam when on city roads - using fog lights when its not even foggy. How on earth some ppl got driving licences I have no idea.

When the clocks went back the roads were 30% more busy than usual coz some drivers panic and cant drive correctly in the dark.

Not funny :(

Same happened to my Dad on the day before Xmas Eve with a Renault 25 V6, he got ejected through the (closed) sunroof @ 70 mph. 1986, I think it was.

1 month in A&E, half of it between life & death.

I was a kid then, so not very pleasant memories.

Thank God he had the nerve to swerve off the motorway before he took anyone else out.

I'll try to be sensitive here, but if your Dad is okay now you could ask him why he didn't dip the clutch? Or use the brake, or turn off the ignition. All of which would stop the car. If it was an automatic then putting it in N would have the same effect as dipping the clutch, but either way the brakes held hard on would stop and stall the car.

Being a alert driver you should actually be slowing down in anticipation of any vehicle that has an indicator on pulling out on you wether you let them or not!

Rather than speeding up and putting your own indicator on to overtake. :D

You ignored their indicator so they should automatically then ignore yours???

I get the impression that you're thinking about a vehicle stopped in the carriageway. It's impossible by definition for such a vehicle to pull out on you, the worst it can do is set off whilst you are already overtaking.

If it's in a bus stop then it's different, but you wouldn't have your indicator on.

Anyway, I have a BMW and the indicators work fine. I also like to confuse people by giving way sometimes to let people out and generally being courteous.

I doubt that that will worry your stereotypes or class envy though.

:confused:

Anyway, I have a BMW and the indicators work fine. I also like to confuse people by giving way sometimes to let people out and generally being courteous.

I doubt that that will worry your stereotypes or class envy though.

DS has a BMW too, and he gets fed up with other drivers not using their indicators. Why do certain types of cars get picked on? I know a few people who do traffic surveys in Sheffield, and in their experience (watching traffic for hours) bad driving habits are certainly not limited to the more upmarket vehicles.

Lack of lights in bad visibility seems to cut across all types too. Don't they realise - its not like at home, putting the lights on won't add to the electricity bill. :confused:

Anyone thought about the times they're delayed at the hundreds of roundabouts when travelling and the roads are busy? I always thought roundabouts much better than lights for keeping traffic moving - but only if folks use appropriate lanes on entry and exit and indicate to show when they intend to exit. At the appropriate time (on just passing the exit before the 1 they want). I see every trip the lack of both and you can't trust folks to be in the correct lane. Wonder just how much instruction is given to this when folks are learning? Is it poor - do people forget the basic rules - is it idleness - or just couldn't care a monkey's?? - rant over but not the frustration!:huh:

I'm not sure if my sarcasm came accross properley but I was actually getting at the amount of drivers who just dont bother indicating.

I got it Bonjon. The answer's simple really. They are knobs

I've trawled through ebay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=clio+sport+xenon&_sacat=See-All-Categories and there's no-one on there asking more than around £16.

Someones taking the *****.

:suspect:

The only problem with the ones sold on ebay is that they are classed as after market lights and are illegal to use on uk roads. They are not the same as original fitment lights. Google for confirmation.

Looks like I got bottom raped then :(, I took it to the place on ulveston road (bottom of woodseats road) They said that I needed the light, the relay and the Ballast pack?????

They said what had happened was the window washer thing had split meaning that the water had gone straight into the light (Because my good friend had taken the casing off and not put it back properly as he had a 172 and had a problem with his light)

if that makes sense :)

Ahh you mean good old Mr Grayson!

These guys must be in top top 5 for being the dirtiest robbing nasty set of ***** in Sheffield!

Steer clear!

Anyone thought about the times they're delayed at the hundreds of roundabouts when travelling and the roads are busy? I always thought roundabouts much better than lights for keeping traffic moving - but only if folks use appropriate lanes on entry and exit and indicate to show when they intend to exit. At the appropriate time (on just passing the exit before the 1 they want). I see every trip the lack of both and you can't trust folks to be in the correct lane. Wonder just how much instruction is given to this when folks are learning? Is it poor - do people forget the basic rules - is it idleness - or just couldn't care a monkey's?? - rant over but not the frustration!:huh:

Just how do you think they pass their test if they are not told correctly?:loopy:

Its ideleness, pure and simple - or as you also say the selfish and 'couldn't give a monkeys' attitude most people seem to have as with most things these days.