To The Drivers Of Sheffield: make sure your indicators are working

Recentley I have seen loads of cars with broken indicators, please make sure yours are working, its mainly on BMW's, Mercs and Audi's? Maybe they cost more to replace?

So please check your indicators work.

The v.wierd thing is that I often see the same cars with broken indicators parked on double yellows but their hazzard lights work??? Maybe there are other issue at fault here?

The one that irritates me is the cars with one headlight out. As i always mistake them for a motorbike in the dark.

The one that irritates me is the cars with one headlight out. As i always mistake them for a motorbike in the dark.

Ive seen it where not only is one out but to compensate they put the other on high beam.

One headlight out and both spotlights on during good visibility? Pillocks!

I had an head light out on my old clio sport for about 4 months, I would have got it fixed but it cost just over £400

Probably not the sensible purchase I ever made :(

WTF £400 for a headlight bulb!

You shop at harrods autoworld by any chance :D

yeah the one working light on high beam to compensate is horrible. people seem to do it a lot though??

Nah it was one of them stupid xenon ones that come as standard on the sport.

You have to buy the motor thing for it aswell... Plus renault are robbing scumbags.

I asked the garage if they could change them both to standard bulbs but they wouldn't :(

I've trawled through ebay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=clio+sport+xenon&_sacat=See-All-Categories and there's no-one on there asking more than around £16.

Someones taking the *****.

:suspect:

I always thought BMWs were reliable, but I see many with faulty accelerators on the motorway.

The poor driver is going along (in the outside lane of course) and then all of a sudden the accelerator must get stuck down because they can't keep the car at 70mph and have to flash their lights to get other traffic to move out of their way.

funny you should say that, see the new yesterday, i think it was Australia, the poor guy who's cruise control got stuck and he couldnt slow down on their motorway?

Bet he cacked himself :D

Looks like I got bottom raped then :(, I took it to the place on ulveston road (bottom of woodseats road) They said that I needed the light, the relay and the Ballast pack?????

They said what had happened was the window washer thing had split meaning that the water had gone straight into the light (Because my good friend had taken the casing off and not put it back properly as he had a 172 and had a problem with his light)

if that makes sense :)

Oh so it wasnt just a bulb then :D

That would explain the questioning of £400 for a headlight bulb!

I goto admit tho i dont know many people who actually check all their lights are working that regular, i always check once a week when im doing the water oil extra, so hopefully i would notice within a week at least if i had one out.

What about people who drive about all the time with their rear fog light on that annoys me :rant:

I'm not sure if my sarcasm came accross properley but I was actually getting at the amount of drivers who just dont bother indicating.

Recentley I have seen loads of cars with broken indicators, please make sure yours are working, its mainly on BMW's, Mercs and Audi's? Maybe they cost more to replace?

So please check your indicators work.

The v.wierd thing is that I often see the same cars with broken indicators parked on double yellows but their hazzard lights work??? Maybe there are other issue at fault here?

I think you'll find that the issue is not that they don't work but rather that they are an optional extra on these cars. It's the only reason I can think of why so many of the drivers don't seem to see the need to use them.