Attention Dog Breeders

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am wanting to breed my chow chow but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have and suggestions?

I would contact the breeder you got your dog from-they should be able to help.

Most def contact the breeder, there may be problems in the line, endorsements on the dog and health test you will need to have done before getting to the practical part

dont breed until you have a list people wanting pups please !

dont breed until you have a list people wanting pups please !

Sad to say that even that does not always work either, we had a list of people wanting our pups and, after vetting them, took deposits (non refundable) from the people we thought were ok to own one of our pups. Everyone bar one ended up backing out for the most spurious of reasons.

It's a boy that I have and the breeder is down in spalding which is miles away so I just wanted somewhere closer to home. He's an amazing dog and his dad was a world champion at cruffs so it would seem ashame not to stud him :)

You can't be a "world champion" at Crufts. What exactly did his father win? Has your boy been hip scored, eye tested? Other relevent breed tests? How old is he? Do you show him?

I'm asking as I know of a local Chow breeder that would help you, if your boy is as good as you think he is

It's a boy that I have and the breeder is down in spalding which is miles away so I just wanted somewhere closer to home. He's an amazing dog and his dad was a world champion at cruffs so it would seem ashame not to stud him :)

spalding far????? no its not

why stud him? cant see a logical reason really

Does he have endorsement on his pedigree? Have you checked there are no problems in his "line?"

Your breeder is always the first person to contact when intending to breed, as you'll usually find 'endorsements' which will stop you from registering any of the pups with the KC unless you have permission from your breeder first

Parentage is no guarantee that your own dog is of any suitable standard, especially if sold as a pet, rather than being retained by the breeder for showing

Another reason for contacting the breeder is that if they ARE willing to give you breeding permission, they'll best know which 'lines' suit breeding with their own dogs and which don't, and will know which breeders may be interested in your dog as a stud

BTW - you'll usually need a studbook number for your dog, which you'll only obtain from showing him