Photographs Wanted

When i first looked at this thread a few days ago i couldn't believe what i was seeing and kind of laughed 5iron2. It looks like your thread is kind of insulting to the sheffield togging community.

It looks like you are probably better off following Grissoms advice here, or go back to previous people that you have purchased from before.

I wish you the very best of luck in your quest my friend, H.

Not sure if, as an amateur photographer, I'm right but this doesn't seem too bad a deal. For instance - take a trip to Scarborough, take 50 saleable shots, if he pays £3 per shot that's £150. I don't think that's too bad a days work. Better still, take 2 shots of each scene and you'll retain the copyright of one :)
You have copyright regardless!

As I say I don't make a living from my photography, and don't sell my work, so maybe I'm missing something here?
Yup the reality regarding the business of photography and associated costs. Not to mention getting fifty different saleable shots from one trip to Scarborough would be an impressive achievement. Plus you aren't taking the business overheads or petrol costs into account that would seriously eat into that £150. People who are not self employed or have no experience of running a business are usually completely clueless about how much time and money is needed to produce an item or service to the end customer.

£1 - £3 per picture! post a link to the website they would be used on and then we can judge whether the price is worth it! now if it was around £50 per pic then you might be more realistic and get a few really good shots rather than a load of crap ones!

I have a fair number (maybe 10) pictures of the lakes but I'm not sure I'd be massively happy to give them all up for £10 to £30! I presume that then means you have the rights to those images? If I ever get my backside in gear and try and sell some images I'm then unable to do so....does seem a little on the low side.

Would you be willing to make an offer if I sent you some thumbnails?

£1 - £3 per picture! post a link to the website they would be used on and then we can judge whether the price is worth it! now if it was around £50 per pic then you might be more realistic and get a few really good shots rather than a load of crap ones!
Sadly you will always get some idiot willing to be ripped off just to be able to say he sold some images and why the stock market has imploded.

Look at this website. There are lots of great testimonials but even if your med res image is used in a book, you only get $5.00 dollars less commision and paypal charges. In the meantime, a low resolution copy of your image is distributed for free with an author credit.

https://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/sell-photos-online.php

Edited by corkneyfonz

Microstock gets a mention in this sadly all too true parody of the photography business these days.

Microstock gets a mention in this sadly all too true parody of the photography business these days.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

sadly, that is so true.

Yup the reality regarding the business of photography and associated costs. Not to mention getting fifty different saleable shots from one trip to Scarborough would be an impressive achievement. Plus you aren't taking the business overheads or petrol costs into account that would seriously eat into that £150. People who are not self employed or have no experience of running a business are usually completely clueless about how much time and money is needed to produce an item or service to the end customer.

Well said!

If i had any shots of that way, i would not even think about a free usage shot to be sold between 1-3 quid....

mates rates are 15 quid a print, they value my time and effort and thats just for thier wall...

If you want some serious photos done by some serious photographers, then pay some serious money....

if not have your website compiled with either low quality work or those that dont care about what they do.

Edited by ndegwa