Carpet around stairlift

HI, i have a stairlift fitted and would like to know if it is possible to have a new carpet fitted without having to remove the lift?

thanks in advance:)

HI, i have a stairlift fitted and would like to know if it is possible to have a new carpet fitted without having to remove the lift?

thanks in advance:)

I'm sure it is, but I cannot think why you would want to. If the lift is ever removed a new carpet would be required.

Most stairlifts can be unscrewed from a staicase in 5 minutes and replaced in 10 if you don't alter the mountings.

I'm sure it is, but I cannot think why you would want to. If the lift is ever removed a new carpet would be required.

Most stairlifts can be unscrewed from a staicase in 5 minutes and replaced in 10 if you don't alter the mountings.

Do you know any1 who can do this?

Do you know any1 who can do this?

Virtually any handy man should be able to do it. The only wiring that needs disconnecting is likely to be the battery charger.

I bought a stair lift for my father on Ebay from a place in Sheffield. I paid a couple of "men with a van" something like £50 to collect it from one house deliver it to another and help me put the screws in to hold it down. I wired it up myself.

The job that you require is for someone to remove a couple of wires. Take out perhaps 12 screws from the mounting feet. Reverse the process after the carpet is down.

You could ask on here for folk to do that. It might also be worthwhile asking the carpet place to come and measure up. Whilst they are there ask if they could do it for an extra £25.

I have an alternative to paying to have it taken out:

SDC10796.jpg

The old carpet was removed and cut around the supports: the supports could be unbolted, but mine just had stiff card slipped into them and then painted along with the stairs. The new carpet was from Balfour Carpets (highly recommended) and they bound the edge of it. The carpet goes right up to the upright part of the support. If I'm lucky enough not to need it in the future, then I don't think it will look too bad taken out.

Having the stairlift removed by Stannah (I was worried about voiding the warranty, and it's the Social Services' property) would've cost far more than the carpet did, and I'm happy with how it looks.

I have an alternative to paying to have it taken out:

SDC10796.jpg

The old carpet was removed and cut around the supports: the supports could be unbolted, but mine just had stiff card slipped into them and then painted along with the stairs. The new carpet was from Balfour Carpets (highly recommended) and they bound the edge of it. The carpet goes right up to the upright part of the support. If I'm lucky enough not to need it in the future, then I don't think it will look too bad taken out.

Having the stairlift removed by Stannah (I was worried about voiding the warranty, and it's the Social Services' property) would've cost far more than the carpet did, and I'm happy with how it looks.

Hi, do you know if you can get the carpet fitted around the bolts?

a friend of mine had a stair carpet fitted 1 month ago by balfor carpets who did a brilliant job cutting the carpet to fit up to the support brackets and binding the edge having once helped to fit this stair lift i would not advise any one to try to take out and refit with out some good strong help it is a very heavy thing to move

I have done many stairlift jobs (alone) with carpet all the way under and the way to do it is simple,

loosen all screws, top and middle more so,this allows you to lift top half slightly and gives about 1-2" clearance enough to fit landing and 6 or 7 steps then tighten top screws slightly and loosen bottom screws a little more to repeat bottom run of stairs, then tighten all.

Not an easy job but simple when you know how.

I am having a stairlift after much argument with the housing saying no I have been granted one.My housing association did not want my home to becoe disabled adapted.

So I was offered a bungalow ,I did not think I had an option so accepted. But found I could appeal it and write to my mp who sorted it for me. So am now staying in my home. Don't like the area but did not want my kids changing school. Plus I have few good friends in that area so support network wise im glad.

I am glad you can have the carpet fitted around stairlift as I am redecorating and want my hallway one changing soon.