Wulfric Road (S2) - Advice Please

OK-

Then the square shaped, run-down rough pre-fab council estate houses are in the same area as the Norfolk Park dev.

Please make sure that you inform all those interested in moving to the Norfolk Park dev of this from now on.

Lib1

look who's getting touchy and defensive....oooooooooh!!!

Originally posted by Lib1

OK-

Then the square shaped, run-down rough pre-fab council estate houses are in the same area as the Norfolk Park dev.

Please make sure that you inform all those interested in moving to the Norfolk Park dev of this from now on.

Lib1

Children, please. This isn't a "my estate is better than your estate ner ner na na" thread.

Can we please get back to topic?

Merci bucket.

I agree DaveJames.

Sorry Keith- however, I'm sure that you would much rather live in the same area of the Parklands dev rather than the horror next to the Norfolk Park dev.

what's this got anything to do with Norfolk Park, aren't we discussing the desirability of the Manor? Letterbombs et al....:hihi:

No worries :)

When we saw the new builds going up at Norfolk Park we though, "as if you would", but I haven't spent time in the area so can't comment.

Same would have gone for the Manor. When we saw the property advertised, we both said "oh no". But gave it a chance, and well, here we are buying.

Maybe there's a lesson to us all that we shouldn't dismiss areas we don't know just because of their reputation. We almost did and would have lost out on a great property in what seems to us like a nice area. Don't listen to rumour, go see for yourself.

We have driven round the Manor area around these developments at all times of the day and night and in all honesty only ever saw people minding their own business. There were youths, but they were all just going about their business and certainly didn't look like they were out for trouble.

Every area has trouble - look at the state of Dore/Totley these days - they are having loads of trouble with youths, but it was only recently it was the nicest area in Sheffield.

Just how quiet/noisy is the playpark & Social Club on Fretson Green?

And what is the school like just across the Road? (St Theresas School).

And has the price of apartments levelled on Wulfric Rd?

So many questions

Lucky Jim

Um.... well.... living next to the social club myself; it's noiser than if I didn't live next to it !

Honestly its not bad. You have to expect noise to a certain extent, and the social club gets a bit roudy at the weekends late evenings (just make sure you're out in town getting drunk so it won't bother you!!!).

The green and play area attract some noise as well from kids playing football, but nothing un-bearable. I'm sure it could be a lot worse than it is, so shouldn't complain !

Keith,

well done for getting the house! I was same as you wondering whether to take the risk or not knowing the reputation on the area.. but I moved in the parkland dev about a year ago and is now very happy!

The new houses across from us are shooting up!! Can get abit dusty at times... but most of them are nearly finish now.

Hope the rest of the sales go smoothly..

let us know how you get on.

Krystal

Wulfric. Fantastic pagan name, wonder where it originates?

it's a decent enough area near to the tram frequent buses and close to town and manor top.

We are on holiday at the moment so have left it all in the hands of our solicitors. Hopefully everything is moving smoothly while we are away.

Not had any frantic calls from anyone yet any way LOL

I'll keep you all updated.

Looking forward to moving in.