Wulfric Road (S2) - Advice Please

Thanks Lib1 - I've a feeling we're going to end up having to put in an asking price offer, but we have budgeted for that and this is not a problem. Would be nice to get it cheaper so we can save some cash and use the money on making the place a home and cover the solicitors fees etc., but we always figured on asking price so we would not be dissapointed if we had to pay it.

DaveJames - Thanks. I did a 192.com search for people in the property and then used directory enquiries to get their phone number and run it through a broadband checker. A little detective work. No numbers for people in that block but found a number for someone next door and it came back fine so I am happier now.

We've increased our offer and it has now been accepted.

:) :)

Looking forward to getting all the formalities out of the way in due course and moving in.

to be held in such high regard that people quote me now.... :hihi:

Originally posted by Lib1

I know- others don't.

For e.g: Quote by BertieBasset on the Parklands dev: "Maybe you should think about giving your new flat a name....Beirut springs to mind..... "

Lib1

not sure whether Lib1 mentioned about the letterbomb, but don't let that put you off as I'm sure it was an isolated incident. :suspect:

Originally posted by keithmdw

We've increased our offer and it has now been accepted.

:) :)

Looking forward to getting all the formalities out of the way in due course and moving in.

I saw the letterbomb mentioned on a post somewhere. It didn't put us off. It seemed to be at a house still being built and it's the kind of thing that happens even in the nicest areas these days. Kids see a building site and think it's a playground and something to trash.

Only time will tell if we made a good decision. We hope so. Certainly haven't seen anything to put us off on our visits there or posts on here. We wouldn't be buying if we had :)

keithmdw, congrats on the accepted offer!!!

I hope that the rest of the sale goes as smoothly.

Lib1

that's fair enough, if you've taken representative samples of the area at different times of the day then it sounds like you've been very thorough. Even in areas like Fulwood and Ecclesall there are problems with youths. The best chance any area has is hoping that the infill of new people with their habits, behavious and expectations lifts up the general standards of the area that already exists, sounds like you'll do this so your new neighbours should be grateful.

Originally posted by BertieBasset

not sure whether Lib1 mentioned about the letterbomb, but don't let that put you off as I'm sure it was an isolated incident. :suspect:

The part of the dev that keithmdw is interested in (Balmoral Grange) has been fully built for about two years now.

Any probs affecting the homes on the Parklands dev that are unnoccupied and still under construction are of no concern to him, his family or his (new!) neighbours.

Lib1

speak for yourself!

I think it would be of interest to anyone thinking of moving into an area to know what the recent patterns of crime are in the surrounding area....generally people like to know what they're buying into!!

The part of the dev that keithmdw is interested in (Balmoral Grange) has been fully built for about two years now.

Any probs affecting the homes on the Parklands dev that are unnoccupied and still under construction are of no concern to him, his family or his (new!) neighbours.

Lib1

WORRY YE NOT - The Lord of the Manor speaketh:-

One has sent the footsoldiers into the hills to catch the vagabonds who pillaged the land and ransacked a new build property with a letter bomb.

Once reprimanded they shalt be sent unto the tower for immediate be-heading. Their heads will then be displayed on spikes as a warning to those who would bring the Manor Lands into dis-repute.

Please fully understand how seriously I, the Lord of the Manor, take the safety of the peasants living within the grounds of the Manor House.

Salutations.

LotM

Career vacancy at the Manor House - we currently have an opening for a house keeper. Experience not neccessary; though a French accent, and a willingness to answer to "Mimi" will be an assett for all apllicants. Living quarters and uniform provided, generous rates of pay.

Balmoral Grange is separate to Parklands (especially Wulfric Rd- where Keith is buying). Balmoral Grange has been in existence for about three years and has earned the reputation of a safe and friendly neighbourhood. Homes sell quickly and are very popular.

I don't see you warning people off the Norfolk Park dev because of it's close proximity to those weird, square pre-fab 'houses' which surround the top part of the Norfolk Park dev and the rough-looking people that inhabit them. Have you been to the local pub on that estate before... bet you haven't! You also don't remind those that are interested in the Norfolk Park dev that the glass in the nearest tram and bus stops is often smashed by vandalisers.

Bertie we could argue forever, but it is really boring and there is no point. To you and any others that are disbelievers-

Go visit the Balmoral Grange dev. Go visit the Parklands dev.

You will see for yourselves that the areas are very quiet and (dare I say it...) peaceful. I'm not friightened when walking through the area- the several visitors that I've had to stay at my place would have known nothing of the 'dodgy' reputation of the area if I hadn't told them about it.

We have repeatedly told you that we find the area to be a safe place to live. You obviously don't believe us, so go see for yourself!

If we are lying and are all living in fear of our lives in burnt out homes- then I'm sure that you'd be more than happy to report this back to the Forum.

The acts of vandalism have been mostly minor, cheap and cowardly attacks on empty and half-finished buildings. It's mostly cracked window panes- the letterbomb was a very extreme and rare incident (and may I just add, only a small no. of the unfinished buildings have been affected)- the problem is common across both residential and commercial building sites across the UK.

In the particular situation of Parklands, I actually attribute part of the blame the the builders/building company. After the builders leave the site at hometime, the homes under construction are not adequately fenced off with barriers and the like- anyone can walk in and out of the building site as they please.

However, if the vandalisers (otherwise known as '******* little kids!!!') had intended to trash and burn down the whole neighbourhood- surely they would have done it by now? They have plently of opportunities if this is their aim.

Lib1

Question for the moderators: Why did you remove the post from the resident on the Parklands dev that mentioned the letterbomb incident? I've been involved in many a controversial discussion in the forum, but to my knowledge, none of my posts have ever been removed.

but it's the same area...:loopy:

Balmoral Grange is separate to Parklands (especially Wulfric Rd- where Keith is buying). Balmoral Grange has been in existence for about three years and has earned the reputation of a safe and friendly neighbourhood. Homes sell quickly and are very popular.

I don't see you warning people off the Norfolk Park dev because of it's close proximity to those weird, square pre-fab 'houses' which surround the top part of the Norfolk Park dev and the rough-looking people that inhabit them. Have you been to the local pub on that estate before... bet you haven't! You also don't remind those that are interested in the Norfolk Park dev that the glass in the nearest tram and bus stops is often smashed by vandalisers.

Bertie we could argue forever, but it is really boring and there is no point. To you and any others that are disbelievers-

Go visit the Balmoral Grange dev. Go visit the Parklands dev.

You will see for yourselves that the areas are very quiet and (dare I say it...) peaceful. I'm not friightened when walking through the area- the several visitors that I've had to stay at my place would have known nothing of the 'dodgy' reputation of the area if I hadn't told them about it.

We have repeatedly told you that we find the area to be a safe place to live. You obviously don't believe us, so go see for yourself!

If we are lying and are all living in fear of our lives in burnt out homes- then I'm sure that you'd be more than happy to report this back to the Forum.

The acts of vandalism have been mostly minor, cheap and cowardly attacks on empty and half-finished buildings. It's mostly cracked window panes- the letterbomb was a very extreme and rare incident (and may I just add, only a small no. of the unfinished buildings have been affected)- the problem is common across both residential and commercial building sites across the UK.

In the particular situation of Parklands, I actually attribute part of the blame the the builders/building company. After the builders leave the site at hometime, the homes under construction are not adequately fenced off with barriers and the like- anyone can walk in and out of the building site as they please.

However, if the vandalisers (otherwise known as '******* little kids!!!') had intended to trash and burn down the whole neighbourhood- surely they would have done it by now? They have plently of opportunities if this is their aim.

Lib1

Question for the moderators: Why did you remove the post from the resident on the Parklands dev that mentioned the letterbomb incident? I've been involved in many a controversial discussion in the forum, but to my knowledge, none of my posts have ever been removed.