Wulfric Road (S2) - Advice Please

Went to view today. It was really nice inside.

We are going to call to arrange a 2nd viewing on Monday if we can, and then probably put an offer in if we are as happy after that viewing.

Drove through late yesterday evening, and again, no sign of yobs or any trouble, so very happy on that front. This afternoon was busy when we went, but no trouble, just people going about their business.

Just read the thread on here about unscrupulous management companies on leasehold properties. Hope it's not run by one of those! We will need to ask I guess who owns the freehold on our 2nd viewing, and what the charges cover etc.

The leasehold is Manor and Castle Development Trust. I think we pay 50quid a year which pays for maintenace of the paths, trees, grass areas - and the removal of vandalism in the playground :@)

It's not extortionate and they do a nice job of keeping the place tidy.

They said the Ground Rent was £50/year and the Service Charge was £150/year (I think). Never asked who owned it though.

So Manor and Castle Development Trust are responsible for the whole area (in terms of ground rent and services)?

I believe it is the Manor & Castle devt. trust who look after the whole area yeah, though I don't pay any service charge on my property, just the 50 quid ground rent.

Cheers

2nd viewing this afternoon. Couldn't think if anything wrong with it when we slept on it over the weekend, still very happy with what we saw, so unless we spot something we blatently missed 1st time round we will be putting an offer in today after the viewing.

:)

Hi Keithmdw,

I'm glad that you liked the house and the area. Completely different to its popular description of 'Beirut' isn't it?

I hope that your second viewing goes well and (I'm probably 'jumping the gun' here, but anyway...) welcome to the neighbourhood!

Lib1

Lib... you're out of tune hun!

Fairleigh area isn't known as Beirut.... is the estate on the OTHER side of Prince, with the burned out houses with no roofing etc...

If you've never been... take a camera (cheap disposable one!) cos your mates will never believe you when you tell em bout it !

I know- others don't.

For e.g: Quote by BertieBasset on the Parklands dev: "Maybe you should think about giving your new flat a name....Beirut springs to mind..... "

Lib1

Hi Lib1, Thanks.

We have put an offer in and we are now waiting to hear if it is accepted or not.

As these things go we may have to revise our offer if the seller is not happy with it (we made a slightly below asking price offer, but then that's expected really).

Hopefully we can get accepted though, and get the wheels in motion.

I agree though, what we have seen certainly does not live up to it's reputation. Had I not seen it for myself I would never have considered the area based on it's reputation. Just goes to show you should never listen to rumour. We cartainly wouldn't be prepared to spend tens of thousands of pounds if we didn't think it was a good area now.

Just a thought. Has anyone up there got Broadband?

Not being able to get Broadband would be a massive problem for us.

I ran the postcode through BT's site (http://www.btbroadband.co.uk) and it said it should be able to get it but would need a phone number to check.

If anyone up there close to Wulfric Road could run their phone number through the BT checker and let me know what it says (or if you already have broadband), then I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: I used some cunning and using directory enquiries found the phone number of the next house number up (which is even so probably over the road and has a different post code), and that came up fine when I ran it through the broadband checker.

Good luck with the sale- I hope you manage to get the house at a reasonable price!

Lib1

Yeh man, I run broadband on Fretson Green. Shouldn't be a trouble for you.