Host city.. Unbiased Facts? or maybe not? host city

Agreed 100%!!!

I think its the years of being trodden on by our clubs!

Also by the FA & PL.

Some of United fans on here just come accross like a younger smaller brother that throws a paddy every time the older bigger brother gets something they want.

Despite being a passionate Wednesday fan I try and remain objective but sadly for the decent United fans a way too sizeable chunk of the trophy dodgers support come accross as being very bitter.

Hillsborough meets more FIFA criteria apparently. End of. Deal with it.

First of all, Hillsborough is renowned around the world (1966 world cup games) plus the fact the FA dislike United as much as us Wednesdayites do, also the fact that Hillsborough park is a stones throw away.

How would the fans soak up the World cup fever, at the farm? There is no where adequate for big screens, beer tents, no where to park!

Best decision every made in my book, plus the fact Dave Richards has finally repaid the club with something, after he nearly drove us to the brink.

Investment is rumoured to be just around the corner plus the possibility of the ground getting a facelift, hasn't turned out to be a bad week in the end!

First of all, Hillsborough is renowned around the world (1966 world cup games) plus the fact the FA dislike United as much as us Wednesdayites do, also the fact that Hillsborough park is a stones throw away.

How would the fans soak up the World cup fever, at the farm? There is no where adequate for big screens, beer tents, no where to park!

Best decision every made in my book, plus the fact Dave Richards has finally repaid the club with something, after he nearly drove us to the brink.

Investment is rumoured to be just around the corner plus the possibility of the ground getting a facelift, hasn't turned out to be a bad week in the end!

Good post and very true :thumbsup:.. I'm sure the bitter blunts will find something negative in it though....

Well you've not done owt for the last 12yrs :hihi:

So if we check the football history of the last 12 years, where will we see Sheff Utd?

Winners of what?

Runners up/relegation/play off flops that's it! Not much to shout about so pipe down!

Always the bridesmaid, springs to mind! and that was made apparent, by the World cup committees announcement yesterday.

UTO

So if we check the football history of the last 12 years, where will we see Sheff Utd?

Winners of what?

Runners up/relegation/play off flops that's it! Not much to shout about so pipe down!

Always the bridesmaid, springs to mind! and that was made apparent, by the World cup committees announcement yesterday.

UTO

hahaha!!! You don't half rate yourself you Wednesday fans.

All this talk of World Cups has almost taken your mind off the fact you're in a relegation scrap and have just sacked your manager :)

All this talk of World Cups has almost taken your mind off the fact you're in a relegation scrap and have just sacked your manager :)

Ooooh! How was the lemon??

He is a Peterborough fan and is highly respected for his services to the football league and has done much to rescue it after the disastrous actions of his predecessors which brought the football league to it's knees. The bottom line is he has been a successful chairman of the football league, irrespective of what you may think. Do you want to answer this now?

Is it right and fitting that the chairman of the football league should be part of the bidding process, as a counterbalance against the premier league?

I repeat my earlier post, the chairman of the football league should be someone from a football background. As for the disasterous actions of his predecessors what do you mean. if you mean the tv money issue, thats not their fault

Blades fans get stick for been bitter, does this just not prove a point.

We have to fight for everything whereas Wednesday seem to be the darlings of the FA, to even consider selecting Hillsborough over Bramall Lane (the oldest sports stadium still in use - how much more history do they need!!!), Bramall Lane has been developed slowy over the last 5yrs and was planning great things for the future, Wednesday get some kid off the 'cross to put together a power point presentation of how the ground 'might look' with £22m worth of investment and are chosen as the host ground for Sheffield - UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I just remembered why i have no interest in England Football team, or the FA and their jobs for the boys and mutual back scratching - despite been the scene of a flood in June 2007 and the scene of the worst football disaster in UK Shores Hillsborough is yet again chosen and Wednesday will once again be dragged out of the s**t hole they got themselves in WHAT A JOKE!!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: would you like a bottle of warm milk to take to bed with you

Just a couple points on the politics side of Hillsborough winning the bid.

I was never in doubt, the in favours for Hillsborough compared to Bramall Lane were massive.

And not only that Hillsborough for probably the wrong reasons is known world wide, which also makes a big difference as fan's would probably know and want to visit the place.

That's what is great. One decision like this, has eradicated the doom and gloom. If we lose saturday though, that will change.

in the star last night it came out that united were offered the chance to do a joint bid with the owls and share games but united turned it down.now the big wigs at the lane are moaning at the decision,sounds like the tevez saga all over again.does this mean all the blunts will be marching down to london on a big protest march !!!!!!