Host city.. Unbiased Facts? or maybe not? host city

Blades were never going to get it after the Tevez affair.

So keep clapping your trotters but think it might be the Blades fans having the last laugh when you are struck off the list

Why would you have the last laugh?Even if we lose it the Rustbucket was chosen over Cinderellas Castle,dosn't matter which Sheffield club got it as long as it would bring cash to the city.We do need the cash though.

Don't forget Trevor Brooking :rant:

;)

I don't believe West Ham's ground has been included...

isnt man u's chairman also on the prem board?...you saying thats the reason manchester got it aswell?

Old Trafford's inclusion is justifiable on any grounds you care to name, so their chairman being involved wouldn't really make a lot of difference.

Come to that, for all I know it might make perfect sense to choose Hillsborough over Bramall Lane - I've never been inside either of them. But when a senior football bigwig, who's been heavily involved in football admin for many years, is a known Owls fan, there's no chance of the other football bigwigs picking the Blades' ground over the Owls' ground.

Why would you have the last laugh?Even if we lose it the Rustbucket was chosen over Cinderellas Castle,dosn't matter which Sheffield club got it as long as it would bring cash to the city.We do need the cash though.

My comment about having the last laugh is because of the way wednedayites on here and those posting on the star webpages are giving it the big one.

He who laughs last and all that, anyways like has been said England has to get the World Cup and then they still have to knock a few stadiums off the NORTH list and the rust bucket might be one of them.

This World Cup thing is a nice way for you lot to not to have to worry about your precarious league position and finances etc for a while though, At least till Saturday :D

And yes it would be nice for the city to get some cash influx as long as its spent in the right places and not p*ssed away.

Old Trafford's inclusion is justifiable on any grounds you care to name, so their chairman being involved wouldn't really make a lot of difference.

Come to that, for all I know it might make perfect sense to choose Hillsborough over Bramall Lane - I've never been inside either of them. But when a senior football bigwig, who's been heavily involved in football admin for many years, is a known Owls fan, there's no chance of the other football bigwigs picking the Blades' ground over the Owls' ground.

Thats a spot on post.

We were never going to get it even if Hellsbore wasn't on the list.

So keep clapping your trotters but think it might be the Blades fans having the last laugh when you are struck off the list

yeah it'd be like getting to a play off final and not winning would'nt it?..that would be a completely new feeling for the owls

yeah it'd be like getting to a play off final and not winning would'nt it?..that would be a completely new feeling for the owls

Bit of a difference between beating 10 man Hartlepool with a dodgy penalty in a League one play-off Final as opposed to playing Palace, Wolves or Burnley.

Never mind sunshine when you go down this season you might get another chance to repeat that feat again eh ? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

My comment about having the last laugh is because of the way wednedayites on here and those posting on the star webpages are giving it the big one.

He who laughs last and all that, anyways like has been said England has to get the World Cup and then they still have to knock a few stadiums off the NORTH list and the rust bucket might be one of them.

This World Cup thing is a nice way for you lot to not to have to worry about your precarious league position and finances etc for a while though, At least till Saturday :D

And yes it would be nice for the city to get some cash influx as long as its spent in the right places and not p*ssed away.

oh so you mean like how us owls have had to put up with all this crap because when we are losing, but we will end up with the last laugh when you fail in the playoffs again? ahhh get you now ;)

im confident wednesday will be one of the grounds, just a matter of whether the ground will be developed seeing as work should have started in novemeber and all that.

Thats a spot on post.

Or maybe it's because Hillsborough has a proven track record of hosting such events in 1966 and 1996 and currently meets more of the FIFA requirements than the sty.

There is some bitter pork and laughable excuses on here at the moment. Its OK for some pigs to spout off about how Hillsborough is a so called "rust bucket" so don't get all upset when Wednesday fans may just want to defend it.

Hillsborough 3 Sty 0

Blades fans get stick for been bitter, does this just not prove a point.

We have to fight for everything whereas Wednesday seem to be the darlings of the FA, to even consider selecting Hillsborough over Bramall Lane (the oldest sports stadium still in use - how much more history do they need!!!), Bramall Lane has been developed slowy over the last 5yrs and was planning great things for the future, Wednesday get some kid off the 'cross to put together a power point presentation of how the ground 'might look' with £22m worth of investment and are chosen as the host ground for Sheffield - UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I just remembered why i have no interest in England Football team, or the FA and their jobs for the boys and mutual back scratching - despite been the scene of a flood in June 2007 and the scene of the worst football disaster in UK Shores Hillsborough is yet again chosen and Wednesday will once again be dragged out of the s**t hole they got themselves in WHAT A JOKE!!

As long as its in sheffield i don't get a hoot which ground its at! :D

Thats a spot on post.

I can honestly say that I have never, ever, come across a more narrow minded and joy less set of fans than United. Your persecution complex is quite something to behold.

No matter what the occasion or what the scenario, there's always someone working behind the scenes to undermine you lot isnt there? I wouldnt mind, but why exactly make you think that as a club your important enough to warrant such Machiavellian attention?

Blades fans get stick for been bitter, does this just not prove a point.

We have to fight for everything whereas Wednesday seem to be the darlings of the FA, to even consider selecting Hillsborough over Bramall Lane (the oldest sports stadium still in use - how much more history do they need!!!), Bramall Lane has been developed slowy over the last 5yrs and was planning great things for the future, Wednesday get some kid off the 'cross to put together a power point presentation of how the ground 'might look' with £22m worth of investment and are chosen as the host ground for Sheffield - UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I just remembered why i have no interest in England Football team, or the FA and their jobs for the boys and mutual back scratching - despite been the scene of a flood in June 2007 and the scene of the worst football disaster in UK Shores Hillsborough is yet again chosen and Wednesday will once again be dragged out of the s**t hole they got themselves in WHAT A JOKE!!

Thank you for so eloquently proving my point :hihi: