Sheep House Heights Wind farm

Just received news that the five massive wind turbines that were ear-marked for Sheep house Heights near Stocksbridge have been refused planning permission by Barnsley Council.

Is this good or bad news for you.

Take care:|

sounds a shame to me - i think they are great things, and think they ignite the imagination, and help remind you of the reality of how much energy we use, and how it is made.

certainly more attractive than power station chimneys, and no worse than electricity pylons or telegraph poles.

sounds a shame to me - i think they are great things, and think they ignite the imagination, and help remind you of the reality of how much energy we use, and how it is made.

certainly more attractive than power station chimneys, and no worse than electricity pylons or telegraph poles.

Totaly agree, these should have gone ahead.

They can be a good source of power when they are in the right location problem is too too many NIMBYs complain preventing them going up in a lot of areas

Good news for me, a massive (lit) intrusion on the local amenity. I would like to see how many current Non-Nimbys that are quite happy to help to try and get these imposed upon our area, because they won't see them. Would come out of the closet if some were slated for Ringinglow?

I just wish the money spent on new power stations and wind farms was instead given to each household to get them to improve their homes - fit energy saving lighting, better boilers and insulation.

And maybe employ some sort of agency where the drive round towns and night, find companies and shops who leave on their lights and fine them accordingly.

Then maybe we wouldn't need more power generation if we just lived and worked smarter?

I couldn't agree more alchresearch, start with Meadowhall, it makes me so angry seeing all the lights on in the car park and the centre itself way after they have closed every day of the week.

Retail Parks really grind my gears, especially PC World - all lit up, inside and out.

I heard it was going to be a huge wind farm and so was rather suprised when the figurre mentioned was for five of the things, I thought by huge they must mean at least fifty.

I still get a little cross when you see an areail view of any town or city with it's sweeping swathes of tiled roofs and not a solar panel to be seen. I think it's about time that the cost of buying and installing such panels was brought down and we were actively encouraged to fit such things.

Terrible, awful news! The attitude towards projects like this is disgusting! In particular, the portrayal of the developers throughout this whole process as greedy selfish individuals is appalling! No-one assumes for one moment that this project was founded out of a desire to provide a greener, better environment for younger generations such as myself (I've yet to meet a single NIMBY under the age of 40 and, let's be honest, like they need to care what this planet will be like in 50 years). I just pray that this country opens up it's narrow little mind before it's too late.

I'm sure there are lots of people now celebrating about not having to put up with "blots on the landscape" (many of whom I'm sure haven't set foot outside South Yorkshire bar a few package holidays). Having spent most of my teens, living between here and the Netherlands, where turbines are the norm, I am astounded that people can't recognise how beautiful and graceful these structures actually are.

Also, the passive aggressive attitude by certain Sheffield MP's has been really disappointing. We should be looking to our local politicians for support in new energy initiatives.

PS: I know what I'm talking about - I'm the developer's daughter.

Schools can be culprits too. Actually in fairness we all can- got your xmas lights up yet?

PS: I know what I'm talking about - I'm the developer's daughter.

So no bias then?