Royal mail is shocking.

Well our postie will be getting a card with a Christmas tip in it from us, it's a thankless job worthy of praise not criticism (in our opinion of course).

Did anyone see the Panorama Programm where they put an ex marine fitness freak on a postmans round and he couldnt complete it in the time allocated by the Post Office computer system ?

What they failed to mention was this postie is a known slacker and when he is on his day off all the relief posties get the job done, well within the time allowed.

I used to work for Royal Mail, no not a manager and when this was shown people in the area he is from let it be known what he is up to, he has an axe to grind.

Posties do a good job, believe me they do NOT want to be still out at 4, 5 or 6pm.

Lighten up it's the busiest time of the year for Royal Mail.

Bet you don't go into ASDA, Tesco's etc in a queue a mile long near Christmas and have a moan !!!!

Edited by DumDom

i would love to get a job but that seem imposible at the minute as there is nowt.

and i never complain about postmen but we have not got our original postman (who is always early and seems a good postman, but this one half the time if you have a parcel he never knocks on the door he just chucks it on the step, thats why i really started this thread, he dont seem botherd about his job.

and as i said about the time of the classes, why bother with 1st class when 2nd class always seems to arrive first.

i would love to get a job but that seem imposible at the minute as there is nowt.

and i never complain about postmen but we have not got our original postman (who is always early and seems a good postman, but this one half the time if you have a parcel he never knocks on the door he just chucks it on the step, thats why i really started this thread, he dont seem botherd about his job.

and as i said about the time of the classes, why bother with 1st class when 2nd class always seems to arrive first.

I understand the Post Office have been recruiting for some time, for bright, intelligent, literate operatives.........

The post office is doing its best to demolish itself. Probably so the Sith Lord Mandy can sell all the good bits to his cronies.

I recommend this week's Radio 4 book of the week 'Dear Granny Smith'. It's available on iPlayer. It's a postie's view of what's happening.

I also recommend a program called 'get_iplayer' available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX. for downloading stuff like that...

Val

I sent a parcel last Monday 2nd class recorded and the tracking system says its still at my local sorting office, but it was delivered last Saturday!

I sent a parcel last Monday 2nd class recorded and the tracking system says its still at my local sorting office, but it was delivered last Saturday!

The recorded delivery system has been playing up for a wile now. I sent a parcel off on 12th of november and it still says i posted it at the post office, but the person i sent it to has got the item on the 13th. It also tells me that other people have their items or left a wile you was out card, but it was only this one item it still states it is in their system.

The person they sent round wasn't a postie....

Not the fitness guy, the postie who's round he did and was saying how hard done to he was.

who is getting fed up of royal mail now?

2nd class seems to be faster than 1st class, also our postman comes round at around 3 o'clock sometimes teatime.

they need to pull their socks up and sort it out.

Next time you see your postie ask him/her what time he/she would like to deliver your mail and why the management won't allow it.

I think whether or not the postman on panorama was troublemaker or not Panorama proved that the time given to do the round by the management was not possible. This was also on flat ground with no appartments no hills no flights of steps to the door. Are they still expecting posties in Sheffield or other hilly cities to do at the same speed as by my calculations a round in many parts of Sheffield would take twice as long, added to this that postmen are also delivering more packages and less letters which makes their bags heavier and you begin to see what the postmen are on about. Why don't the management do deliveries for a week and prove to us it can be done if its so easy?

Food for thought ...........

The government is the major shareholder in Royal Mail and as a failing industry is is a handy tool to have at your disposal in the current rip off culture,

I and my family members / circle of friends are experiencing more and more financial penallties / claims / added interest etc due to late payments due to non arrival / late arrival of reminder or first demands.

in my oppinion - intentional scams because they can lay the blame (quite rightly) at he door of the post office - mainly conducted by banks dvla council tax etc ............ basically any institution which levies additional charges for late or non response is onto a winner with a failing mail service.

In my experience Sheffield court actually use Royal Mail to convey privileged documents to be used in evidence against Royal Mail and refuse to use alternsative methods such as e mail fax or private carrier so that obviously provides for a fair trial then.

The last stats i saw (Post Office own figures) were that they lose 14 million items a year so when you next get bank charges because your statement didnt arrive or incur a mandtory fine because DVLA didnt receive yoiu documents perhaps its time to ask how much the failing poostal system is really costing you / benefitting the big institutions.

I wonder why the major shareholders havent bothered to intervene