Butterscotch question.

One of the first sweets (spice) I can remember when I was a kid was Doncaster Butterscotch. It was a brand with the name Doncaster. I think it was made by a company called Parkinsons, or something like that.

Coming down the years, I think maybe they were taken over by Callard and Bowser. No matter, the butterscotch was the same. I'm not a great confectionary eater by any stretch of the imagination, but a couple of weeks ago I fancied a wrap of butterscotch.

It's not to be found, at least in my neck o' the woods. I did get something called butterscotch, but it ain't the same, no way.

My first memory of butterscotch was when I used to go to the races with my Dad, I was very young.

I also remember the mushy peas stalls, a nice tub of mushy peas with mint sauce.

One of the first sweets (spice) I can remember when I was a kid was Doncaster Butterscotch. It was a brand with the name Doncaster. I think it was made by a company called Parkinsons, or something like that.

Coming down the years, I think maybe they were taken over by Callard and Bowser. No matter, the butterscotch was the same. I'm not a great confectionary eater by any stretch of the imagination, but a couple of weeks ago I fancied a wrap of butterscotch.

It's not to be found, at least in my neck o' the woods. I did get something called butterscotch, but it ain't the same, no way.

You've set me going now, I used to love the stuff and I've found Parkinsons site, you can buy it online here.

Another one from the dim and distant past was Highland Toffee

An old guy I used to work with was born in Barnsley in the 20's and lived there as a kid .He said all the kids used to line the main road to Doncaster on race days and people going to the races would throw butterscotch to them from the coaches.

the butterscotch came in boxes with each piece individually wrapped in gold or silver foil and it tasted crap but granma brought it from the races and owt were better than nowt in those days.

Grandad always brought home butterscotch when he went to the Doncaster Races & we loved it, but sorry to say it doesn't taste the same here what ever brand I buy

My grandparents always went to Doncaster Races and brought packs of butterscotch back for us all. It was an annual event like going to Scarborough for a weekend early in the year (Whitsuntide) and the "big holiday" was a whole week in Yarmouth, sandwiched somewhere in between were the trips to Doncaster & York Races.

I used to love the way that the butterscotch was wrapped so expensively in gold paper.

You've set me going now, I used to love the stuff and I've found Parkinsons site, you can buy it online here.

Thanks for that Miller, I'm in.