Philip Laing has decided to leave Sheffield

Too hell with rubbish, people died for that memorial, may he rot in hell for what he did. We should be so proud of what our guys did to help us now. He's scum scum scum.

People didn't die for that memorial, the memorial is for people who have died.

Why isn't this story chip paper by now? I'm bored of it. What's the next thread about it going to be, " Sheffield crowd marches on Macclesfield to lynch Phillip Laing. "

Get over it, move on.

What this guy did was wrong but I feel that he was demonised to such an extent that due to the incident being highly publicised he is marked for life. He has left the university but do you really think that any other university will accept him? All this has done is it has stopped this man from getting a higher education and making something of his life. Since this incident i'm sure I've read that two more people in different citys have done the same thing yet they did'nt get as much publicity as this guy. He got his punishment in court so having to leave university to me is like getting punished again for the same crime, never mind the paranoid feeling he must get everytime he's out in public. Yes the public have a right to feel outraged but it does'nt mean a persons life chances should be limited just to satisfy the publics demand for so called justice.

Yes the public have a right to feel outraged but it does'nt mean a persons life chances should be limited just to satisfy the publics demand for so called justice.

Exactly.

This whole episode has been more about a convenient, socially-acceptable target for dribbling, foaming morons with far more repressed anger than is healthy, than anything related to the actual act commited.

If fact, I don't think even the original tabloid bogeyman, the peadofile gets as much vitriol as this geezer did.

The only good thing is that by the time next term starts, the foamers will have been through another load of topics and will have forgotton that Mr Laing ever existed.

Too hell with rubbish, people died for that memorial, may he rot in hell for what he did. We should be so proud of what our guys did to help us now. He's scum scum scum.

Does it make him more scummy if you say it more?

Do you have a similar opinion on all the drunken assualts that have occured in Sheffield since, where people have been hurt?

So only eternal torture will suffice for this chap eh? (That's if you believe in that sort of thing.)

Will you miss him now that he will no longer be here? Will the city centre lack something because of his absense?

He got 250 hours community service, he got sentenced. Thats the end of it. Its totally wrong that hes been forced off his course.

Does it make him more scummy if you say it more?

Do you have a similar opinion on all the drunken assualts that have occured in Sheffield since, where people have been hurt?

Well said

The hysterical reaction of some of the contributors on this forum makes me glad that we don't still burn witches at the stake.

We're all aware of what those in the great wars fought against, greatly respect them and had to put up with. But swivelling your eyeballs and flecking other people with your foam won't change a jot. Philip Laing has been a very naughty boy. I'm sure he'll think twice about getting his todger out in public again.

Take a chill pill and thank your lucky stars you weren't the one caught urinating in public, and had the Daily Mail bridgade after your blood

I know some people that know him and say hes a nice lad by all accounts, I blame carnage more than anything and no-ones sent out a lynch mob for them.

He got 250 hours community service, he got sentenced. Thats the end of it. Its totally wrong that hes been forced off his course.

Which is 250 hours more than he'd have got had the random inanimate object he ended up urinating against been anything else.

*surprised face*

haven't the pitchforks become a trifle blunted by now...?

Incidentally, has anyone ever seen 'Street Wars' or 'Night Cops' on Sky? It follows the police round city centres at weekends etc, and every episode there is footage of someone urinating in a shop doorway or alley because they're so drunk they don't know where they are. The police just move them on, tell them to go home. One bloke got a £20 fine.