Tesco apologises over 'ginger jibe' Christmas card

I can't believe this story. I've got ginger hair and i think the card is funny. I can understand that woman not wanting her kids to see it and to protect them but it's just a hair colour. It's never had a negative effect on my life apart from a bit of stick at school, but, if you're confident enough in yourself then it's no problem. Needing to get a sense of humour is spot on i reckon.

And in response to the post about Santa hating gingers. I thought he came from Lapland which is in Northern Norway, well if so, that's where ginger hair originates from so can't understand his thinking. You just wait till i see him on xmas eve. No mince pies i reckon!

Eh? Where was I ranting?

I'm on the side that thinks this is all ridiculous, I'm not on the ranting side. OK, so the M&S complaints I exampled weren't followed up; I'd not seen that link before, sorry. At the time I read the story it had been stopped pending an investigation because 8 complaints to the ASA had been reported. That's all.

I can't believe this story. I've got ginger hair and i think the card is funny.

..did you never wonder why on Xmas Day that Santa had invariably left you a spud gun and no potatoes, whilst your raven haired siblings became inebriated on the emotional excitement of Scalextric, table football and Space Hoppers?

chances are like the story a few years back about the muslim who apply and got the job working in a canteen, and then was outraged when she had to serve breakfast of sausage and bacon to people!

She sued for 'hurt feelings' and got a tidy sum as she had to 'quit' her job due to the distress this caused her.

I can see this Ginger lady from look north doing the same, and suing Tesco for hurt feelings.

Anyone remember look north around this time last year having the police in bradford on who had to apoligise to muslims for sending out an information card/christmas card with a cute doggy in an x mas hat on?

Political correct brigade gone mad!

Offending a fake ginge is probably the nicest thing Tescos have ever done.

Offending a fake ginge is probably the nicest thing Tescos have ever done.

Every little helps.

:cool:

chances are like the story a few years back about the muslim who apply and got the job working in a canteen, and then was outraged when she had to serve breakfast of sausage and bacon to people!

She sued for 'hurt feelings' and got a tidy sum as she had to 'quit' her job due to the distress this caused her.

I can see this Ginger lady from look north doing the same, and suing Tesco for hurt feelings.

Anyone remember look north around this time last year having the police in bradford on who had to apoligise to muslims for sending out an information card/christmas card with a cute doggy in an x mas hat on?

Political correct brigade gone mad!

Is there no subject matter sacred from an opportunity to mention Muslims?!

Incidentally the Xmas Card incident was in Dundee, not Bradford and only one Muslim councillor said he had an issue with the card, more senior representatives of that community said it presented no problem whatsoever.

Osama Saeed, chief executive of the Scottish-Islamic Foundation, said Muslims traditionally regarded dogs differently from people brought up in western culture, and suggested that Mr Asif's remarks had been taken out of context.

He said: "It does not appear to me that Mohammed Asif has mentioned anywhere that Muslims as a faith group would find this offensive.

"This seems to be a complaint based on culture rather than religion. There isn't any Islamic basis for taking issue with a simple picture of a little puppy

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland/Apology-on-the-cards-as.4243889.jp

..did you never wonder why on Xmas Day that Santa had invariably left you a spud gun and no potatoes, whilst your raven haired siblings became inebriated on the emotional excitement of Scalextric, table football and Space Hoppers?

haha. My god, yeah i did wonder that. Years of uncertainty have now been unravelled boyfriday. I thank you. Eloquent text aswell by the way, although incorrect use of the term 'invariably', and you would need to put a question mark after the word 'Potatoes' as opposed to at the end of the paragraph, as the second part of the paragraph is describing an event.Apart from that, not bad mate

Lovely xmas everyone

My point wasnt to point to the fact that this card upset a muslim, but it simply is the same as the ginger card! someone will find it offensive, but the majority wont so why spoil something for everyone!

from what I know of him he was a racist **** and his jokes weren't funny so no I wouldn't recommend him.
but he was in the business for over 30 years had a string of pubs and clubs earnt a good living so he must have been funny:hihi:

Catherine Tate has just said on the One Show, very wittily obviously, as she actually is funny and does have a sense of humour, that she'd be picketting Tesco if she happened to have a ginger child, but she's got a blonde one! She also commented that gingers are the last minority that it's ok to offend, and you can't even get a grant for sun block! :hihi: Love 'er!