What do you think to the hype of Avatar?

i watched Avatar a little while ago now, and although i enjoyed watching it i dont think i could watch it too often as i could with such films as "Signs". I think the actors were great, Sigourney Weaver is fantastic. The whole idea of it was excellent and it showed really well how animalistic human beings can be, the greed that we can feel...becuase i believe if anything like Avatar could possibly be true instead of forming an alliance the government and the high an mights would in fact show their greed and try and take everything for themselves. So i love the image it gets across.

The graphics were perfect and the design of the alien race as great, all though all i could hear in my head was that song ... what was is called about everything being blue lol.

I thought it was totally amazing and I was gripped all the way through it.

I hope they bring number 2 out, then again I always find sequals are never as good.

While it is by no means a bad movie, I don't think it lived up to the hype. I didn't see it at the cinema but borrowed a friends DVD of it recently and I was amazed by the visual effects. The CGI was brilliant, the aliens were believable and the storyline had me laughing at crying at various points. Yes the plot has borrowed elements of other movies, (Loved the description; Dancing with Smurfs LMAO) but it is difficult to be truly original these days. I'll certainly be watching it again, when I can get my own copy that is.

The greatest story ever told. End of. And in 3D.

Stick Avatar in your Ingmar pipe and smoke that, boi!