Who buys computers for parts?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a place that will buy 2nd hand PC's, Monitors etc? Wanting to get rid of a working but out-dated PC and I'm not sure where to go to get rid of it.

I know I won't get much money for it but even if someone would strip it for parts?

Answers on a Post-Card.

We're talking 2005 running on XP

We're talking 2005 running on XP

stuff even more newer than that is often given away on freecycle, i got rid of loads of stuff on there

Does it work? If it's complete and in good nick, there's a secondhand shop across from where McDonalds used to be on the Moor, and around the corner from The Nelson and opposite the council offices. They'll put it on the shelf for you and take something like a 30% cut of the sale - you might make an easy £70.

Deleted by me!

Edited by sccsux

Apart from the mains lead a PC of that era doesn't contain any parts worth keeping I'm afraid. In addition thanks to the new Euro WEEE legislation it could cost any company that ended up with it to dispose of it. Your best course of action will be to take it to the dump it site.

There used to be a company based in what used to be high green school who recycled/refurbished old PC's. Not sure if they are still there or would be interested in your PC.

I've had a P4 1.8Ghz PC for sale for ages and it's not even raised £20.

Apart from the mains lead a PC of that era doesn't contain any parts worth keeping I'm afraid. In addition thanks to the new Euro WEEE legislation it could cost any company that ended up with it to dispose of it. Your best course of action will be to take it to the dump it site.

why??? geez thats stupid, stick it on freecycle....

For a 4/5 year old box?

I don't think so.

Depends what the spec is and what comes with it? E.g. if it's a 3Ghz P4 with a couple of Gigs of RAM, a half-decent Gfx card (6800GT or better), a decent-sized HDD (120GB+), DVD-RW, keyb/mouse, XP CoA, speakers and a 15" TFT, sounds about right, give or take a tenner :huh:

best bet... stick on freegle (used to be freecycle)

will get snapped up striaght away