The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Why are you so determined that it will not happen though?

Because it'll be 2-3 degrees all day and overnight. You just won't get significant accumulations at that sort of temperature.

If those forcasts are right then there might be heavy snow for a while on Thursday but it won't settle.

The BBC one says heavy snow all day though :)

Because it'll be 2-3 degrees all day and overnight. You just won't get significant accumulations at that sort of temperature.

Hmm, I suppose. I can hope :D

The BBC one says heavy snow all day though :)

Bless ya, I like your love of snow, it's very sweet... It still wouldn't settle though, maybe on grass and cars but not on the roads. You never know, though, the forcast changes everyday so maybe you'll get ya snow. Just because it was 10 years since the last heavy snowfall, it could happen again.

Edited by websters gue

Bless ya, I like your love of snow, it's very sweet... It still wouldn't settle though, maybe on grass and cars but not on the roads. You never know, though, the forcast changes everyday so maybe you'll get ya snow. Just because it was 10 years since the last heavy snowfall, it could happen again.

:hihi: Little on the obsessive side though haha. I can't remember really bad snow, that's all I want :(:hihi:

Nataliie, don't let the snow non-believers get you down:hihi: If the forecast is right then it won't settle much but be patient, I reckon there's more snow to come this winter:hihi:. The horrible Halibut and co just rear their snow doubting heads whenever the snow is melting or the temperature rises...........only to vanish when it's really cold and there's snow everywhere!! I bet if anyone suggested on here back before winter that it was going to be really cold with snow lingering around for more than a couple of days, Halibut and co would have said no it's going to mild and wet you might have a little bit of snow but it will soon thaw. Then that's your lot. They know nothing! Keep the snow faith alive:hihi::hihi:

Nataliie, don't let the snow non-believers get you down:hihi: If the forecast is right then it won't settle much but be patient, I reckon there's more snow to come this winter:hihi:. The horrible Halibut and co just rear their snow doubting heads whenever the snow is melting or the temperature rises...........only to vanish when it's really cold and there's snow everywhere!! I bet if anyone suggested on here back before winter that it was going to be really cold with snow lingering around for more than a couple of days, Halibut and co would have said no it's going to mild and wet you might have a little bit of snow but it will soon thaw. Then that's your lot. They know nothing! Keep the snow faith alive:hihi::hihi:

Don't worry I wont :hihi: I think we might get a load of snow by the end of the week :D

One sure fire way to tell if it isn't going to snow in North East Derbyshire is the following.

In the winter time:-

If it isn't going to snow the gritters will be out in force.

If it is going to snow the gritters will be noticable by their abscence.

One sure fire way to tell if it isn't going to snow in North East Derbyshire is the following.

In the winter time:-

If it isn't going to snow the gritters will be out in force.

If it is going to snow the gritters will be noticable by their abscence.

The gritters were out in the bad weather everyday this year. :loopy:

Forecast this week is turning cold again (as predicted) on Tues eve onwards , moisture to move in from the West, this will move into the cold easterly air with possible snow showers at all levels from Tues Evening onwards.

Accumalations will be more accurate nearer to Tues/Weds

At the moment Sheffield is 50/50 for settling snow from Weds onwards!