The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Cold front from the east arrives on Wednesday again , looks a cold one as well on the pressure charts!!, maybe no snow at first , but once moisture arrives from the east (Germany etc,) we might get some more by Fri onwards next week looking at the long term probabalistic forecast it's not getting any warmer !!

Next 3 days will see a slow thaw, make the most of the +2/+4 degs we are gonna get!!

See! Taught him everything he knows lol

I Hope not, as much as I like snow it's getting sooooo boring now, and the slipperiness is just plain annoying

Live with it. It's winter.

'Tomorrow will be Muggy ....Followed by Tuegy, Weggy and T'hurgy.'

Crelessness was not a part of it, i had driven 32miles to get to work and there were 4 accidents at the same spot and they cut one girl out of her car, look in the chad , accidents A617, smart ass

we dont get chad in sheffield me duck,but i will ask mother inlaw she lives in meden vale village she gets it cracking read[NOT] one place for the chad back of bog door cut into squares;) oh happy days are here again:clap:

we dont get chad in sheffield me duck,but i will ask mother inlaw she lives in meden vale village she gets it cracking read[NOT] one place for the chad back of bog door cut into squares;) oh happy days are here again:clap:

No wonder I didn't have a clue what "the chad" was! Now I know - it's a publication!

And what a joke this country has turned out to be, my car wrecked yesterday due to no gritting so no work, schools still shut due to access denied due to no gritting so who looks after them?

Theyd rather spend your tax on Afghan, immigration or asylum, what a government.

I'm sorry YOU crashed your car mate but I'm afraid you have to take some resposibillity sometime pal. Its always someone elses fault aint it? thats whats wrong wi this country now this blame culture, what happened to the old days when everyone used to "muck" in and pull together. How is it the councils fault that YOU crashed? YOU were the one behing the wheel

quite right Andy!

well just had to get that off my chest, feel a lot better now!

http://www.chad.co.uk

In this age of modern technology online versions are available, very similar to the star.

I didn`t mention the publication to express it`s merits, only to highlight the fact they had reported on the bad road conditions and high amount of accidents on Wednesday.

I'm sorry YOU crashed your car mate but I'm afraid you have to take some resposibillity sometime pal. Its always someone elses fault aint it? thats whats wrong wi this country now this blame culture, what happened to the old days when everyone used to "muck" in and pull together. How is it the councils fault that YOU crashed? YOU were the one behing the wheel

Yes i was in control of the vehicle and had driven over 30miles to get to work as i have 5+ days a week for the past 15months without incident.

I have never had an accident before.

My driving was taking into account the road conditions and was at low speed, the car just went on the black ice and i could do nothing.

39 years driving experience made no difference...

The local council at Mansfield in common with many more had been instructed by national government to cut down gritting operations to conserve supplies and i guess money, they have been snowed under with complaints since last week about the local road conditions they told me today.

My post started berating National Government not gritters, Councils or Council workers.