The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

And what a joke this country has turned out to be, my car wrecked yesterday due to no gritting so no work, schools still shut due to access denied due to no gritting so who looks after them?

Theyd rather spend your tax on Afghan, immigration or asylum, what a government.

And what a joke this country has turned out to be, my car wrecked yesterday due to no gritting so no work, schools still shut due to access denied due to no gritting so who looks after them?

Theyd rather spend your tax on Afghan, immigration or asylum, what a government.

I wasn't aware that the British Government was responsible for the weather, and had full and prior knowledge of an extended cold spell including precipitation.

I wasn't aware that the British Government was responsible for the weather, and had full and prior knowledge of an extended cold spell including precipitation.

Of course theyre not and another sarcastic response from someone probably sat at the side of the fire in their Shackleton,,,

There are no contingency plans or stockpiling of road treatments at all, no bringing in of contractors, they take the view "you will get assistance but in our own fair time"

We are NOT a third world country, what would happen if there was a major natural disaster such as has happened in other parts of the world?, i will tell you- people would be left to suffer and die in their Millions.

On a much lighter note; Snowwwwwwwwww has gone :(

Plenty here, my road is still white over.

Plenty here, my road is still white over.

There's still a bit here, but it's melting. And tbh I only said it because the whole thread was starting to take a turn for the worst :o lol.

what road did your car get wrecked on,as for no gritting i was out 10 hrs out of 11hrs so dont give me the old no gritting routine,gritted for over 20 years never seen the roads like that ever it was a one off,

what road did your car get wrecked on,as for no gritting i was out 10 hrs out of 11hrs so dont give me the old no gritting routine,gritted for over 20 years never seen the roads like that ever it was a one off,

Our roads not been gritted either. You need to up your hours mate.

QUOTE=Nataliie;5829932]On a much lighter note; Snowwwwwwwwww has gone :(

good :thumbsup:

We all know how well the gritters have done this year, so I wouldn't even bother biting tbh honey :). And plus I bet carelessness was part of the cause anyway. Woop for the gritters :love::hihi:

My point exactly. How can contingency plans be made for events which are outside of the norm? Next PaymePal will be declaring that Sheffield City Council were wholly responsible for all the damage caused by the severe flooding which occurred previously.

Some events cannot be reasonably anticipated - it's a fact of life.