The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

i would like to thank some of the residents of Holmhirst Rd. & Todwick Rd. that assisted the gritting team (me & my mate) to spread the salt this morning, & thanks also the lady at the church that offered us a cup of tea, we were too busy to accept, but thanks anyway :love:, to the rest of you that just stood in your frontroom windows and watched your neighbours getting stuck in..........shame on you. :mad:

It's been snowing here in Aston and is starting to settle, God help us if it freezes !!cars struggling to get on the estate already ..>>>yells 2nd gear people !!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

The Chase is like an ice rink button, if that's where you are

Oh right, I see. Tomorrow morning looks set to be treacherous with more below freezing temp's forecast for overnight.

Can't everywhere just shut for the day? :)

Thanks to the gritter who did Greystones Road this afternoon about 3.15pm.

Do you know what time it will be done tommorow so i can come and watch!!

Pfwoar :love::hihi:

We're S26 too and it's really tricky on the incredible amounts of ice we've got and the snow which seems to be lingering more than anywhere else. Scary stuff, just wish everyone would drive with care instead of fishtailing all over the roads.

Just being out in the car on Totley (Aldam Road, Mickley Lane) if anyone is planning to drive nearby i wouldnt recommend!!! Ice Rink.

I'm thinking of getting my ice hockey kit on and having a game in S26... anyone fancy it? :D

It'll be all gone by the end of the week, lots of warm air moving in temperatures up to 8-10c so not that long now, having said that it's been one hell of a cold snap.

I've had enough of it now to the point where I could cry..

I'm sick of panicking about whether I'll be able to get here and there safely, whether my kids schools will be open or not and if they are, will they get there and back OK, whether my OH is OK on his journeys to and from work..

I used to love snow, I hate it now..:(

That's exactly how I'm feeling now as well :-(

It's odd how the black ice situation today occurred after the Government centralised control of salt supplies.

What's that got to do with anything? They weren't gritting the pavements before it was centralised either. Us pedestrians are on our own whoever controls the grit.