The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

The snow today should arrive about 3pm (ish) and then there will be a heavy burst for about 2 hours later today (maybe) :)

Me and my other half tried to drive up ringinglow but it was blocked so had to turn right instead, we saw the snow drifts too but couldn't find anywhere to park.

On the BBC weather section......there is a giant white part on there map, and I thought this represented snow.....yet on there symbols at 3pm show "grey cloud" for this area.......can someone tell me what is going on with the BBC weather area. As it doesnt make sense.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/353?area=S2

Looks like sleet/rain now in Chap +2 deg and I can't see on the satellite images where any significant snow could come from.

Correct, massive down grade since last night!. Makes you wonder how weathermen/women keep in a job. Theres one thing forecasting bad weather, but talk about going over the top!. Anyway it does appear to be going mucky and slushy on side roads now too.

The outlook looks staying cold, but not as cold as it as been, and i reckon by tuesday/wednesday the footpaths will be clear, but the grass and fields still white.:)

It's all a bit of a farce really. Yesterday the BBC clearly said and showed very heavy snow for today. I even recall one of the forecasters saying "a real deluge of snow with severe travel disruption". That was about 8pm last night and they have got it so wrong haven't they !!!

Where is it, all we've got in Dronfield is a lot of thawing going on with a small amount of wet sleet/snow/rain. Rubbish, I wanted lots, but then again a big thaw is what our feathered friends are waiting for.

Very very light snow started in Walkley - might just be bits blowing off trees as the wind gets up (although most of it has already thawed off the trees, and the icicles off the gutter are melting). And now it's stopped !

I can see heavier weather down in the upper Don Valley, can't tell if it's rain or snow - but it's sticking somewhere like Oughtibridge for now, not getting any nearer Hillsborough

It's all a bit of a farce really. Yesterday the BBC clearly said and showed very heavy snow for today. I even recall one of the forecasters saying "a real deluge of snow with severe travel disruption". That was about 8pm last night and they have got it so wrong haven't they !!!

Where is it, all we've got in Dronfield is a lot of thawing going on with a small amount of wet sleet/snow/rain. Rubbish, I wanted lots, but then again a big thaw is what our feathered friends are waiting for.

Exactly!, less than 24 hours ago it was going to be very disruptive, even power line danger (not that i wanted that)!, then what is it, a gradual thaw!

People could make plan changes and they put its going to be bad!:loopy: