The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Yorkshire & Humber:

N Yorkshire

S Yorkshire

W Yorkshire

York

Heavy Snow Sun 10 Jan

THE EARLY WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. DISRUPTIVE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE NOW LESS LIKELY.

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of Wales, Northeast and Southeast England. Outbreaks of snow may give accumulations of 1 to 2cm at low levels, but snow may become heavy and persistent at times over higher ground with 3 to 8cm on east-facing slopes and up to 15cm over the highest peaks of the Pennines and Welsh Mountains.

Strong winds may cause drifting of snow in places.

Issued at: 1125 Sun 10 Jan

That may be, but they have still predicted lots of snow for the next 24 hours, so this warning really doesn't matter, they'll probably get it wrong anyway ;).

Just starting to snow in Stannington

light snow or trying for quite a while now in stocksbridge.

There is some very light snow here but the snow on the ground is melthing at a very fast rate, so hopefully it'll be pretty clear tomorrow.

Yes, I hope they all make it, as it counts as void if they don't get there. We have to take our daughter across the city to do her supervised element for her GCSE English coursework, so I hope we can get there too!

Good luck to the youngsters taking exams tomorrow and to their poor parents who have to get them there.

I'm glad it's all looking like it's thawing out and only lightly sleeting not snowing. Hooray for no more snow I say! :D

Yep, looks like sleet or rain now. Maybe the temperature is finally rising!

It is, it's 2 degrees here, as opposed to minus 2 yesterday