The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/353?count=10

It looks like its coming from about 12 onwards.

I think it did say from 12 yesterday but it appears to have changed to 6. They are forecasting light snow now, when yesterday they thought it would be heavy. Hopefully there won't be as much as expected then ! :hihi:

remember Raymond Foggit & his seaweed ?.........if it was wet, it was raining, if it was dry, it was fine, if you couldn't see it ,it was foggy .......i think the Met. office use the same system. :roll:

Hi...does anybody here know from where I can buy a plastic sledge? my son needs a one badly and he keeps me troubling. I searched everywhere and they are like hence teeth now...

or of anybody has one for sale, pls let me know.....cheers, Riz

There aren't any sledges anywhere. Decathlon should be getting some on tuesday. There are some on ebay but they are going for silly prices!

LOL. I'm suprised it hasn't rained and cleared all the snow yet tbh.

This will be the next catastrophe that the powers that be will not be prepared for.The Big Thaw.

And guess what!!!!! The powers that be will be scratching their heads and saying Who would have thought it all this water after all this snow.:nod::surprised

There aren't any sledges anywhere. Decathlon should be getting some on tuesday. There are some on ebay but they are going for silly prices!

get some of them plastic chevron boards what they put around when they dig a hole in the road,get some gaffer tape lash them to his feet,hey presto a pair of custom skis,the envy of all his mates :thumbsup:

This will be the next catastrophe that the powers that be will not be prepared for.The Big Thaw.

And guess what!!!!! The powers that be will be scratching their heads and saying Who would have thought it all this water after all this snow.:nod::surprised

there are plenty of sandbags down at Olive Grove Depot..........we'll be able to get even more overtime when the thaw begins........luvverly. :D :D

Hi gritter1960, just read your PM, i bet that was a shock for him. :gag:

Hi...does anybody here know from where I can buy a plastic sledge? my son needs a one badly and he keeps me troubling. I searched everywhere and they are like hence teeth now...

or of anybody has one for sale, pls let me know.....cheers, Riz

There 2 shops in Firth Park selling sledges, Rons Cards and the DIY shop round the corner.

Now I do feel for all those poor buggers trying to get into school tomorrow for A level exams ...

Yorkshire & Humber:

N Yorkshire

S Yorkshire

W Yorkshire

York

Heavy Snow Sun 10 Jan

THE EARLY WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. DISRUPTIVE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE NOW LESS LIKELY.

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of Wales, Northeast and Southeast England. Outbreaks of snow may give accumulations of 1 to 2cm at low levels, but snow may become heavy and persistent at times over higher ground with 3 to 8cm on east-facing slopes and up to 15cm over the highest peaks of the Pennines and Welsh Mountains.

Strong winds may cause drifting of snow in places.

Issued at: 1125 Sun 10 Jan

Now I do feel for all those poor buggers trying to get into school tomorrow for A level exams ...

Yes, I hope they all make it, as it counts as void if they don't get there. We have to take our daughter across the city to do her supervised element for her GCSE English coursework, so I hope we can get there too!