The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

I hope you're not just getting my hopes up czechroman :P ha. :hihi:

i was just thinking the same lol

I hope you're not just getting my hopes up czechroman :P ha. :hihi:

As i have said before i use the weather forum people knowledge, i am personally expecting a lot of snow to fall, but a more important factor is supposed to be the wind, blowing snow allover the show!

i was just thinking the same lol

He's been right everytime up to now, so I just hope he is this time. :D

Bus and Tram Services:

First South Yorkshire SHEFFIELD

6- not running down LITTLEDALE

33- now running normal route

57/58- Not serving Garden Village

94/95- Not using BOLE HILL or TINKER LANE TERMINATING AT 52 TERMINUS (Crookes)

272 - unable to get round Bradwell due to icy conditions

Stagecoach

88 - Currently unable to serve WORRALL ROAD

123 - Unable to serve TINKER LANE terminus at present, using HEAVYGATE terminus instead.

44 running along main roads only along Dronfield bottom. Not serving Coad Aston

TM Travel

267/268 not using Cockshutts Lane and Green Lane

Veolia

A1 - Running normal route with reduced frequency of approx. 1 per hour

271 - Is running CRYSTAL PEAKS - HARTHILL ONLY and returning to CRYSTAL PEAKS. Its NOT running to WORKSOP at the moment

Sheffield Community Transport

All services running normally except M17 which is missing out St Quentins

As i have said before i use the weather forum people knowledge, i am personally expecting a lot of snow to fall, but a more important factor is supposed to be the wind, blowing snow allover the show!

I can't wait, I'm so excited, just hope it holds off until tomoro night because I've got to pick someone up from airport in the morning.

Met Office forecast for Yorkshire & Humberside region

This Evening and Tonight:

Further sleet and snow showers will feed inland through this period, with some fresh accumulations of snow developing. A more brisk and still very cold northeasterly wind will also develop. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Sunday:

Much of the region will be cloudy at times with only a few bright or sunny intervals, and with some occasional sleet or snow, especially in the south. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

On Monday some further sleet or snow is expected then Tuesday is likely to be drier generally but increasingly windy, with a risk more snow late Wednesday.

He's been right everytime up to now, so I just hope he is this time. :D

Not quite, i did say about 18 inches remember, however theres still plenty of time it seems;)

Not quite, i did say about 18 inches remember, however theres still plenty of time it seems;)

You were technically right, there is 18 inches in some areas (with the drifts) :hihi:

You were technically right, there is 18 inches in some areas (with the drifts) :hihi:

Well yeh maybe for higher places, just need to get the lower areas right next:hihi:

Well yeh maybe for higher places, just need to get the lower areas right next:hihi:

LOL. I'm suprised it hasn't rained and cleared all the snow yet tbh.

LOL. I'm suprised it hasn't rained and cleared all the snow yet tbh.

Thats because of the continental air flow, and at the moment it does seem fairlylikely that will continue for a bit, meaning the snow will linger longer too.