The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

There was some really heavy snow coming down about an hour ago. Stopped though when I last looked out :(

Sounds like a job opportunity, Kes.

Perhaps the council could employ you as a 'snow warden'? - If you can make it stop snowing, you could save them a fortune in gritting costs. :))

Sounds like a job opportunity, Kes.

Perhaps the council could employ you as a 'snow warden'? - If you can make it stop snowing, you could save them a fortune in gritting costs. :))

Hehe. Though I'd never want to work. I love snow :D

I wasn't suggesting you should work, Kes (wash my mouth out with soap;))

I was suggesting you could get a job with the council:hihi:

I wasn't suggesting you should work, Kes (wash my mouth out with soap;))

I was suggesting you could get a job with the council:hihi:

Oh I see :hihi:

Kes, if you like snow come and visit.

We had our first snowfall (In the village) on 14 October ... a bit early - wouldn't normally expect snow until mid-November and then there would be a few warm days before Christmas.

We had our first 'warm spell' (a hot Christmas! - +7) but we#re now back to cooler weather.

Not much snowfall this week (that'll change next week, no doubt) and we'll have snow until the end of April ... could be the first end, or could be the last end - we'll find out when nearer the date.

It's winter. It snows. And the tourists come and fall off the mountains (breaking limbs various, which keeps the rescue services and hospitals busy.)

In summer, it doesn't snow down here (but it still does snow at the top of the mountains) and the tourists fall off the mountains on foot (or on mountain bikes) which means that there's plenty of work for the rescue helicopters and hospitals then, too.)

We try to provide tourist services all year round. ;)

Kes, if you like snow come and visit.

We had our first snowfall (In the village) on 14 October ... a bit early - wouldn't normally expect snow until mid-November and then there would be a few warm days before Christmas.

We had our first 'warm spell' (a hot Christmas! - +7) but we#re now back to cooler weather.

Not much snowfall this week (that'll change next week, no doubt) and we'll have snow until the end of April ... could be the first end, or could be the last end - we'll find out when nearer the date.

It's winter. It snows. And the tourists come and fall off the mountains (breaking limbs various, which keeps the rescue services and hospitals busy.)

In summer, it doesn't snow down here (but it still does snow at the top of the mountains) and the tourists fall off the mountains on foot (or on mountain bikes) which means that there's plenty of work for the rescue helicopters and hospitals then, too.)

We try to provide tourist services all year round. ;)

Oh dear. Perhaps I shouldn't praise the snow too much. Or maybe appreciate it's a rarity here really!

Just had a heavy flurry at Malin Bridge

I know this must have been asked a million times - anyone seen any sledges to buy anywhere - been trying all week!

I know this must have been asked a million times - anyone seen any sledges to buy anywhere - been trying all week!

I want one too and i've not been able to find any either :(