The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

A couple of wooly jumpers or cardigans round ur wheels will stop ur wheels spinning, that was advice I was given to day. Not one of any one's best clothing though. I'm sure you wouldn't be thanked for it.

I miss the snow.:(

Not missing the distruption to public transport and certainly not missing the ice we had last week.

But the snow did look so beautiful. Now everything is just brown, green and wet.

Well we need a break from the snow for a while to get back to normality, however heres a good news article!:o:hihi:

Yorkshire & Humber: N Yorkshire

S Yorkshire

W Yorkshire

Heavy Snow Wed 20 Jan

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of England, Wales and southwest Scotland on Wednesday.

Outbreaks of rain are expected to turn increasingly to sleet or snow, especially over hills in central parts. There is a risk of significant accumulations, with perhaps locally 10cm leading to some disruption to travel.

Issued at: 1103 Sat 16 Jan

I guess this depends upon temperatures at differing altitudes...

We've had enough white stuff now. Lets all get back to work.

It is lovely being able to walk around in normal shoes, without falling on your backside.

Just being able to see the grass makes me feel better

Daft as it sounds, when I saw the grass today it was like I'd never seen anything so colourful

Looks like it's warmer here than it is in Sheffield. - The desktop weather thingy tells me it's +3 and snowing outside, but (as usual) it's wrong. We've got bright sunshine, hardly any cloud, it's about +7 and thawing rapidly. - Spring has come 3 months early.

It'll change. - We're due at least another 4 ft of snow between now and April - down here. Higher up there will be 10 ft or more.

All our snow here in S60 has now melted and has been gone since Yesterday when the heavy rain arrived... :(