The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

I'm going to start singing "when will I see you again?" to my garden :hihi:

Sheffield had a grit delivery this morning apparently. To Olive Grove depot.
Must have, they've just refilled our Council grit bin off Brightside Lane an instant ago :thumbsup:

+1 for the comment about height difference (seems normal if you ask me), there's nowt in S9 where I work, but Worksop to Brinsworth via Ulley was 'interesting' this morning. 1 brand new C4 picasso with major front damage at the reservoir bridge, and a Uno skidded badly behind me going down to the bridge.

Edited by L00b

Hi

The schools are open (see, they can do it for exams!) but for how long?? Is it worth sending the poor mites out for an hour or two?

Up in Crookes it has snowed quite a lot and still going ....

:confused:

Had an 'interesting' drive in this morning.

Sheffield is being gritted fantastically, kudos to the council.

Derbyshire is AWFUL.

That one wants framing, its not often you here the council praised.

Hi

The schools are open (see, they can do it for exams!) but for how long?? Is it worth sending the poor mites out for an hour or two?

Up in Crookes it has snowed quite a lot and still going ....

:confused:

I was wondering the same given how it's now coming down.

Don't know what's happened to this site it's been pretty accurate all week, now it's showing orange which is hail. :huh:

Well I have college today but my mum told me to use my common sense and if I think I wouldn't make it just come straight back so I did venture up to the main road but the traffic was at a stand still and I was soaked by this point so I thought sod it :hihi: It's coming really heavy now anyway and the fog is terrible

Cars are now stuck on my road. They were doing OK earlier. Well apart from my neighbour who went down backwards first thing. I don't think she meant to :o

That one wants framing, its not often you here the council praised.

Usually the other way round but yes, Sheffield have done well. Derbyshire have steadily improved over the last couple of weeks......

Is it worth sending the poor mites out for an hour or two?

I'm sorry but it does them good, and since when did kids not like going out in the snow? Just walked up to Nether Green school through the snow and my daughter loved it. School was open every day last week too.

I'm sorry but it does them good, and since when did kids not like going out in the snow? Just walked up to Nether Green school through the snow and my daughter loved it. School was open every day last week too.

I Remember when I was at All Saints everyone had a huge snowball fight and they had to close the school due to health and safety:loopy: