The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

People wanting it to snow more will not make it happen.... I cant see anything wrong in people wanting to enjoy it when it does. Sitting in the house crying and wringing their hands will not make up for lost revenue either.

How are your kids going to get educated then with schools being closed, how are your food supplies going to magically appear on the supermarket shelves if we do have more snow?

We've all enjoyed doing the snowballing/snowman building etc. but, we can't make light of a situation where the country needs to get back to work.

Blimey .. it's getting a bit dramatic here. If it were six months of it I could understand, but we've only had a couple of days where it's been REALLY bad, most of the time people have been able to get into work ..

Now, where's the snow?

How are your kids going to get educated then with schools being closed, how are your food supplies going to magically appear on the supermarket shelves if we do have more snow?

We've all enjoyed doing the snowballing/snowman building etc. but, we can't make light of a situation where the country needs to get back to work.

Are you actually in Sheffield, I suspect its people like you who are stripping the shelves in the first place because your clearly exaggerating the situation in Sheffield.

Were you born miserable or have you just developed a knack of perfecting it :huh:, people are fully aware of the effect on schools and supermarkets should we get much more snow, but i'm not sure if anyone told you WE CAN'T CONTROL THE WEATHER! So regardless of what people wish for nothing can be done about it... except make light of it, ever heard that phrase "making the best of a bad situation"?

I must admit I was really peed off with the snow this morning as I was trying to get my car off my drive, that was until the gritters turned up, I could've kissed them :banana::banana:

I decided I had had enough of the snow and was getting really worked up but, you know, it's not worth it. We can't do a damn thing about the weather so I'll just relax and enjoy it while it's here. As for work, I promise I will try my hardest to get there! lol

Are you actually in Sheffield, I suspect its people like you who are stripping the shelves in the first place because your clearly exaggerating the situation in Sheffield.

Yes, I'm in Sheffield where it hasn't been gritted and, no I haven't bought anything other than a couple of pints of milk, I'm using freezer stock but, I have shopped for elderly neighbours who couldn't get out and witnessed people stripping supermarket shelves.

Yes, I'm in Sheffield where it hasn't been gritted and, no I haven't bought anything other than a couple of pints of milk, I'm using freezer stock but, I have shopped for elderly neighbours who couldn't get out and witnessed people stripping supermarket shelves.

Why not ring 2734567 and request them to grit your road. It worked for me. It might not get done straight away but it's worth a try

Unfortunately working for the NHS has so far stopped me from being able to enjoy the snow. So I am going to continue to hope for lots more of it.

Let is snow let it snow let it snow.

Oh and heres a thought for you - how about a bit of home schooling?????

Why not ring 2734567 and request them to grit your road. It worked for me. It might not get done straight away but it's worth a try

Thanks for that but, I would rather they managed to keep traffic flowing on the main roads, we haven't had the bins emptied either but, it's no big deal.

I'm not a miserable old git (far from old or miserable) but, when there are people on here who seem to think that everything is a big joke I get so annoyed.

Unfortunately working for the NHS has so far stopped me from being able to enjoy the snow. So I am going to continue to hope for lots more of it.

Let is snow let it snow let it snow.

Oh and heres a thought for you - how about a bit of home schooling?????

Why not go somewhere out in the wilds where the snow is deepest, with a bit of luck you'll get buried in a snow drift then you'll have all the snow you could wish for!

Looks like duffems needs to go back to bed then emerge from the correct side of it. (or better still stop there)

I'm not a miserable old git (far from old or miserable) but, when there are people on here who seem to think that everything is a big joke I get so annoyed.

But it IS a big joke! It's batty councils who haven't hoarded enough grit to cover the roads, daft drivers who think spinning their car wheels as fast as they can will help them get up hills... and the funniest thing is people like you who get so annoyed about something they can do absolutely nothing about except whine and whinge and get annoyed! :rolleyes:

Just take it on the chin, snow is good fun. So it stops people getting into work, it's hardly going to bankrupt the country... the banks have already seen to that! :hihi: