The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

BBC site is saying snow for the 6-9pm slot! Sorry! :(

BBC site is saying snow for the 6-9pm slot! Sorry! :(

Oh I wish it was earlier!!!!!!!

Oh I wish it was earlier!!!!!!!

You mean when everyone is trying to get home from work etc.? I have family members who've managed to make it over the Pennines to work and to Lincolnshire just to start a day's work so the last thing I want is for them to be stuck having done a hard day's graft.

People who make these silly remarks like, "OOh, I wish it would snow more" need to get a proper job and stop making light of the situation, it's costing the country's economy millions of pounds.

Yeah but it's nice to watch, good fun to play in and fun to see how unprepared the country is to cope with it all. :hihi:

I don't mind getting a bit stuck in the snow because it doesn't exactly happen often, and if I'm really lucky I don't get to make it into work and can build snowmen instead! :P

Yeah but it's nice to watch, good fun to play in and fun to see how unprepared the country is to cope with it all. :hihi:

I don't mind getting a bit stuck in the snow because it doesn't exactly happen often, and if I'm really lucky I don't get to make it into work and can build snowmen instead! :P

That's the spirit!

You mean when everyone is trying to get home from work etc.? I have family members who've managed to make it over the Pennines to work and to Lincolnshire just to start a day's work so the last thing I want is for them to be stuck having done a hard day's graft.

People who make these silly remarks like, "OOh, I wish it would snow more" need to get a proper job and stop making light of the situation, it's costing the country's economy millions of pounds.

Then I would say they should be more prepared and make alternative arrangements. I cannot change the weather and by me hoping for it to come earlier will not, surprisingly, make it happen, contrary to popular belief I am not that powerful - but I know a man who is lol.

As for getting a proper job, I apologise I would have thought working for the NHS and assisting in patient care was a proper job, but then you may like to give me a few pointers in the right direction?

That's the spirit!

Then I would say they should be more prepared and make alternative arrangements. I cannot change the weather and by me hoping for it to come earlier will not, surprisingly, make it happen, contrary to popular belief I am not that powerful - but I know a man who is lol.

As for getting a proper job, I apologise I would have thought working for the NHS and assisting in patient care was a proper job, but then you may like to give me a few pointers in the right direction?

very well said.. COME ON SNOW.. oh an the prooper Job.. Can you explain exactley what a propper job is for me?. I just want to check im doing one.

I can picture you sat at your window crying and sobbing "snow snow go away come again another day".

I like to think I have a proper job and I'm hoping for (much) more snow!

I haven't earned a bean in the last couple of weeks, because of the nature of my job. Still, there's no point moaning, you've just got to make the best of it. Maybe a a bit of time with the family isn't a bad thing, and life isn't going to grind to a shuddering halt because of a bit of snow, surely? And no, I haven't got massive savings to dip into, but whingeing will just get a reputation as a moaning-faced g*t!

Edited by dafydd
typo

I haven't earned a bean in the last couple of weeks, because of the nature of my job. Still, there's no point moaning, you've just got to make the best of it. Maybe a a bit of time with the family isn't a bad thing, and life isn't going to grind to a shuddering halt because of a bit of snow, surely? And no, I haven't got massive savings to dip into, but whingeing will just get a reputation as a moaning-faced g*t!

here here!!!!!

So, everyone sitting in a nice warm house enjoying watching it snow and then going out and building snowmen helps the country's economic situation does it?

I agree that there should be better measures in place to deal with unusual Winters like this one but, I also applaud people who are prepared to go out irrespective of the conditions in order to fulfil their obligations to do a decent day's work, that goes for gritters, NHS workers, delivery drivers etc. etc.

I just cannot understand the mentality of people wanting the snow situation to get worse that's all, where do they think the money's going to come from to make up for all the lost revenue?

very well said.. COME ON SNOW.. oh an the prooper Job.. Can you explain exactley what a propper job is for me?. I just want to check im doing one.

Clearly you don't have a job that relies on you being able to get there and back!

People wanting it to snow more will not make it happen.... I cant see anything wrong in people wanting to enjoy it when it does. Sitting in the house crying and wringing their hands will not make up for lost revenue either.