The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Looks like there will be some tonight, but I don't think much. The BBC are forecasting it for 3-6am period. There will be a little bit more tomorrow night so do not go out in only a beer jacket! The BBC seem to be forecasting a significant amount for Sunday - day and night, though the North West will get more than us. And next Tuesday it looks like a lot of rain will be heading in from the Atlantic which when it meets cold air will give loads of snow on Wednesday/Thursday, though it may stay in the South. Please!

Though having said this, Met Office give us no warnings for Sunday/Monday so we shall see.

I received the following email at 12.43 today (have only just read it though).

Emergency Planning Winter Situation Report Number 01

11:00, 6 January 2010

{snip}

Emergency Planning Team

Sheffield City Council

How good would it be if they made these public so we could all sign up to receive the email.

Can we????

I received this email as I'm a city councillor. I always post information I receive like this on the forum though.

Update:-

Following the suggestion made by PhotoMan, I have emailed John Mothersole, Chief Executive, Sheffield City Council, and suggested that council media releases relating to Severe Weather situations should be posted directly by the council onto Sheffield Forum.

I am delighted to inform readers of this thread that my suggestion has been agreed.

redrobbo

we have a bit coming down in Chapeltown

Just dug a path down the driveway today (well, my OH did), typical :hihi: Although it was only dug out as it needed to be for today. Let it snow now :D

Oooooh and it is indeed snowing here too (central) :D

:love:manor park got it too, light flakes but picking up speed :love:

Snowing in Stocksbridge as well. Very fine sleety looking stuff but I would much prefer it wasn't happening. I hate the stuff. :~(

Rung yesterday morning requesting if my road could be gritted. Delighted to say they have just done it so it is worth ringing them up. Thanks lads(or ladies), you've done a great job, I can get my car out now

you and the rest of sheffield! they are doing their best just leave them to it

Pleased to say the gritters have just been and gritted my road. You see, it is worth ringing them up regardless of what people say