The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Your daughter is a credit to the NHS. She deserves a medal and a sledge for her grit and determination. Well done her, hope she gets to work ok and they give her a bed for tomorrow to sleep it off.

too true. :thumbsup:

whats it like at nethergreen/ fulwood road are the roads clear also nr hallamshire hospital

whats it like at nethergreen/ fulwood road are the roads clear also nr hallamshire hospital

drove my girlfriend to a night shift at the Hallamshire from heeley earlier this evening (7pm) and all the main roads were absolutely fine. In fact it probably took about 5 mins less that a normal drive up there would have as there were absolutely no other cars on the road!

picking her up at 7.30am after a night of sub-zero temps is going to be another story tho I guess!

Suppost to get more snow around Midnight according to BBC Weather :rolleyes:

If nobody elses road gets ploughed, it's because one of them is stuck on my road because the silly woman across the road is refusing to move her car, silly cow.

Oh were you watching the poor bloke in the snowplough too, us too

is it worth me attempting to collect my car from tankersley roundabout, to try and get to wakefield tomorrow from deepcar?

i didnt have to walk into work bugger that for an idea, just worked from home

I would love to do that but unfortunatly i dont think the missus would let me put an electric furnace in back garden!!!!!

Thanks all for your kind comments she arrived at work at 10pm one of her kind work mates picked her up from the bottom of sheffield lane top,she said she is cold and knackered her words not mine but she is there safe and sound.

Thanks all for your kind comments she arrived at work at 10pm one of her kind work mates picked her up from the bottom of sheffield lane top,she said she is cold and knackered her words not mine but she is there safe and sound.

Glad to hear it, wot a star :thumbsup:

is it worth me attempting to collect my car from tankersley roundabout, to try and get to wakefield tomorrow from deepcar?

according to bbc wedsite the bypass is still closed so i wouldnt bother if i was you,we have just been out with dogs and although we didnt walk up to top road,we couldnt hear any cars at all,good luck if you try but be careful.

Oh were you watching the poor bloke in the snowplough too, us too

Yep, and I really don't get what the problem with moving the car was, to be fair she is a little 'crazy' :loopy:

according to bbc wedsite the bypass is still closed so i wouldnt bother if i was you,we have just been out with dogs and although we didnt walk up to top road,we couldnt hear any cars at all,good luck if you try but be careful.

Do we know why it is closed?

We have seen what looked like ploughers and gritters going along for the last hour or so.