The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Does anyone know what buses run from shircliffe to ecclesall Rd and if they are on.Working at 9 pm tonight and dont fancy walking.

Does anyone know what buses run from shircliffe to ecclesall Rd and if they are on.Working at 9 pm tonight and dont fancy walking.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.co.uk

The only way you are going to be updated. Personally I can see the buses off all day now

If you are an able fit adult and live within 5m of work, there's no excuses for not turning up, unless you can do your job from home. I walk to work every day, it's at least 2 miles. I did it this morning and after my FULL working day I will do it again! A friend said on his facecrap status earlier that he was SNOWED-IN!? He lives on the edge of Manchester city centre ... 20 mins walk from work. Said he set off this morning and saw cars skidding so he turned back and he will TRY again later!? Pure lazyness!

I admit there are those who make a long journey to work, live out of the centre of our cities and not on running public transport links, but FFS how workshy is this country!? I mean ANY excuse to have a day off and they take it ... then it's the same people who are complaining they are 'bored'?!

If I had been unable to get in today, I could have worked from home. If I could do neither, I would have stayed home, built a snowman, played computer games, drank coffee and read a book.

To summarise, I just think people need to take a step back and relax .. USE YOUR LEGS, travel with caution and avoid obvious danger. Our society today in this country is so pathetic at times, some people really do need to get a grip!

Rant over, enjoy the lovely snow people! I will :)

9 1/2 inch in Stocksbridge and i have proof!

thats what it is on mi shed and car ....:)

Where are you jojo89?

im in beighton its awful here lol! i know im quite lucky though.

Not all buses are off tedbear, however i would suggest listening to BBC Radio Sheffield or Hallam FM and keep an eye on the travelsouthyorkshire.com website.

Hope you get to work safe..

I now have to get back into Sheffield and to Intake from Leeds, and setting off in 10mins to walk to the train station (in Leeds).. Hope everyone else makes it home from Work / Play ok tonight...