The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Millhouses Snow Report 2010

It's been snowing on and off ever since the early hours of January 1st, just in case no-one has noticed :clap:

Over the last few days I have seen:

- a policeman standing around looking like he was monitoring snow traffic

- lots of very, very stylish boots - Sheffield lasses keeping their fashion standards high :thumbsup:

- snow up to my ankles today- it's the deepest I've stepped in this winter

- that fishing lake thing on Abbeydale Road FROZEN :o. It was beautiful! I don't think it was all frozen - I did think it might be fun to put a foot on it to check how solid it was but then thought I didn't want to spend New Years Day in A and E with hypothermia and "Idiot Patient - Victim of Own Stupidity" written on my forehead.

Hahah .. well you're not stuck in a village in the peaks. PLUS .. and this is a biggie .. I'm stuck in the house at the moment due to disk problems, so this is about the most excitement I've had since Christmas so I'm going to enjoy it ! :D

Paul hudson said snow this afternoon giving further acumliations, then rest of week and saturday snow showers heavy and prolonged at times:)

lol classic...well said..

And now they are warning of a gas shortage looming if we don't all cut down :shocked::help:

Well, I 'rolled' into work only 20 minutes late due to the amount of traffic blocking my tram route. I left work at mid-day but would have stopped longer and I walked home rather than wait for a tram. Buses were a rarity lol although I saw 2 heading back to Stagecoach at Holbrook.

Sh2006.

Millhouses24 ive just been out in Deepcar and its nearly up to top of my wellys!

Topbird75, am i not getting something, i dont understand why people were driving on the wrong side of the road?!

Ok fair comments, but I'm not ranting about the snow, just the over-reaction to it!

I will be quiet...

I have a sign on my desk which says:-

Please do not ask me how I got to work today.

. . . and they still do. :loopy:

Whether we have more snow or not is academic really seeing as it's not going to go above freezing for at least a week. It'll get walked on and solidify into sheets of pack ice like we had in February.