The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

It can't make up it's mind on Stradbroke - one minute we've got flakes the size of ping pong balls coming down, and the next it's turned back to rain or sleet. Must be a higher temp here due to the lack of altitude.

We've had a couple of inches in a couple of hours and still it's falling thick and fast !

More shovelling :rolleyes:

Remind me where you are again, Greybeard xxx

It's been snowing in s8 for about 45mins now, it's starting to settle so if it carries on for most of the day we may have some lovely white snow to play with ^^

It's been snowing in s8 for about 45mins now, it's starting to settle so if it carries on for most of the day we may have some lovely white snow to play with ^^

Hmmmm I hope it takes it easy cos I'm visiting relatives in S8 this afternoon and want to be able to get back to S13 safely. Ah, be reight :hihi:

at this time there is met office heavy snow weather warning for almost all the north of england except for south and west yorkshire

Bus Services:

Due to adverse weather conditions, the A628 is closed from Flouch roundabout and the police are advising the public to avoid travelling in/to the area for the time being.

Veolia service 271 has been suspended until further notice.

TM Travel services 65 and 218 are not serving Buxton, only going as far as Bakewell.

Stagecoach Sheffield service 120 is terminating at Ranmoor and not serving Fulwood or Lodge Moor.

First South Yorkshire service 40 is terminating at Ranmoor Church and not serving Fulwood or Lodge Moor.

First South Yorkshire service 51 is terminating at Crosspool and not serving Lodge Moor.

Another advisory for wednesday now for further more cms of snow, as well as tuesdays 20cm or more:hihi:

First South Yorkshire service 51 is terminating at Crosspool and not serving Lodge Moor.

Funny, I saw one heading towards the terminus in Lodge Moor 5 minutes ago! Redmires Road is O.K. now, just been gritted.

Stopped snowing in Bradway and roads fine. Snow on the drives/pavements seem to be slushy and melting!