The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

Oh Yes.. and I took pictures of the stillness too.. :D On a serious note it's looking very pretty up here.. just like a christmas card :love:

Just checking! Yeah, it's pretty as a picture here too - just one that's starting to drip at the dges a bit. I think the main roads down here are fine though - traffic moving freely on Langsett and Bradfield Roads.

Oh good, would like to think the main roads will be well gritted to get across the city later. main problem will be navigating up here..will be o.kas long as the busses keep the roads churning over

Decent tyres make all the difference.

Nice plug ;) your just over from B.R.S fires are you not?

Just come back from a early morning shop at Tesco ( Millhouses )

Was bleting down with snow , Abbeydale Road South was getting covered but was ok however Abbey Lane ( Whirlow Side ) Was looking bad

anyone know what the roads are like towards chapeltown? i need to get from Ecclesall to wentworth this morning!

Holme Lane (Hillsborough), Penistone Road, Infirmary Road, Shalesmoor, Netherthorpe Rd and the dual carriageway down to the St marys Gate roundabout are all clear with no snow or ice problems.

Does anyone know what the condition of Chesterfield Rd and the Unstone-Dronfield Bypass are like?

Anyone know if stocksbridge main roads are clear???

Main Roads are fine but side roads a bit iffy.

This was Hole House Lane this morning at 8am

Image154.jpg

Although i did see a Gritter on Nanny Hill so should be a bit better as the day goes on

I'm outraged by the council, EVERY road from home to work was completely clear and that is just unacceptable when hoping for a snow day.

Formal complaint is being written as I type.

anyone know what the roads are like towards chapeltown? i need to get from Ecclesall to wentworth this morning!

Main roads in Chapeltown are fine ive been told but up Wentworth way may be different since its a bit out of the way, good:) luck