Is Lee Strafford a Hypocrite for sacking Brian Laws

Excellent signing to play along side one of our young defenders. I'd make him captain straight away!

Totally agree mate -a fantastic signing for us .

Laws has said with the extra money being made available to him ,he is looking at better qualirty players than he would have been able to attract last season.

Great signing :thumbsup:

My only thought is Can owls still keep Wood And beavers? or one be sold

I wouldn't mind losing Wood or Beevers now we have Purse. I'd rather keep Wood though I think. I'd be tempted to start Hinds and Purse with Spurr and Buxton.

I reckon Wood has been well below par this season. I suspect that he doesn't want to be at Hillsborough. When he's played, I reckon Hinds has performed better than Wood has. Beevers has shown signs of wear as the season went on, and his inexperience has showed too often for my liking. Purse and Hinds as a centre back pairing would do for me. Maybe Beevers would relish a position as a holding midfielder, and has the pace and workrate to carry it out.

BL knows what he's doing, but I suspect that Wood is about to go. IMO, he was the least effective centre back we had, so maybe it would suit all parties if he moved on. If he can get his interest back, then I reckon we should keep him, it depends on his frame of mind, and I don't think his heart is with us.

I've been away, what's the latest on Watson?

Just a few examples on the Purse signing.

I may be wrong but at the time Laws made these terrible signings I can't remember any wednesday fan saying anything but praise.

Seeing is beleiving alex and that Jeffers bloke, well I'm lost for words :gag:

Then Purse and the invisible man aka Tommy Miller

Seeing is beleiving alex and that Jeffers bloke, well I'm lost for words :gag:

Then Purse and the invisible man aka Tommy Miller

Correct foresight is a wonderful thing.

Thers not one wednesday fan who didn't think that Jeffers was a top signing.

Well there is one here and a nearly all my Wednesday fan mates and family who thought Jeffers was a shocking buy from day one. I used to despair at an element of our fan base that used to make excuses for him.

As for Laws. Done a great job inder difficult circs but 3 years is a relatively decent amount of time for any manager at Champ level these days. This season he got more wrong than right. Purse and Miller signings. Under using Esasjas. Constantly makin JJ a scapegoat. Starting the season with Jeffers but worst of all (and not one fan on here as ever mentioned it) playing a JOC IN FRONT of Potter in central midfield. How many managers play their ball winner/tackler in JOC mould if front of a better passer/shooter in Potter who at times as played on toes of our back four? You need an enforcer to protect back four esp in Champ, the likes of Mahon, Montgomery and last season Carsley at Birmingham are good at this. Why on earth Laws thought Potter could play this role is beyond me. Although the back four have under performed to a degree they have had little or no protection way too often. At Prem level you Massacherno/Gerrard and Essien/Lampard. Getting this wrong has affected the entire structure of the team and it's spread like a cancer throuhgout it. Add to the fact we are now in the bottom 3 it's understandable Laws was sacked. I have defended Laws at times in the past but he had to go. Nice guy who has done a good job but it's time for change.

Finally, for anyone uses the old "we have no money" line. It is true to a degree but our wage bill isn't the 3rd worst in the league and at the moment the table (whch doesn't lie) sees us as the 3rd worst team and one that hasn't won in 9 and hasn't scored in 5. Managers have been sacked for less before. LS had to make a decison. He has done it and should be appluaded for it.

Let's see what Saturday brings. I maybe proved wrong but under my old team mate SM I predict a much improved performance and a win.

UTO

Edited by Jet Owl 72

i don't remember many, if any wednesday fans on here thinking he was a good signing, most said it was a BIG gamble at the time. i certainly wasn't impressed when he signed him. purse could of been a good signing but unfortunately we don't have foresight otherwise he wouldn't of stepped anywahere near the club