Sheffield corner shops past and present.

On 13/12/2009 at 16:58, Clairy said:

ahhh...the little sweet shop that used to be on the corner of Nether Edge Road and Sheldon Road...sweeties in jars that had to be weighed out into little white paper bags.

Originally called 'Floods' and changed to 'Paynes.'

On 13/12/2009 at 18:35, WallBuilder said:

jennings at the bottom of brincliffe edge allotments was a sweet shop and used to sell sherbet.

Groves on Abbeydale road by Lynmouth road was a general shop and before sainsburys you'd get virtually everything you needed from that place. They even let you pay in money rready for the xmas shopping throughout the year.

More recent than that is the sweet shop at the bottom of woodseats road, I often wonder what happened to Fiona who worked there as her parents owned it and the one up in Dore for a time.

Jennings was my daily afternoon call from Carter Knowle School

On 24/12/2010 at 08:24, normanmarina said:

In the early 70s my mum had lodge moor cafe and shop,she sold everything,opened at 6.00am until 9.00pm to catch the nurses shift changes at lodge moor hospital.Also I remember a little sweet shop at lower fulwood,just up from the shops it was right on the corner going towards nethergreen,last time I went past it it appeared to be electrical goods.

I used to live on Slayleigh Avenue and walked/drove past the sweet shop many times.  I went in a few times, but not since 1965.  Went in the cafe/shop a few times en cycling route to Wyming Brook then through the woods to Rivelin Dams.

I thought Enzers was the chip shop on Botham St , the shop on the corner was Sullivans and could have been Halls before that?, but what about Targets on the corner of Peter St , it had a big target and an arrow painted on the wall .

Remember Brelsfords on March Street.Next to Coleridge Road School

On 30/10/2019 at 21:38, Padders said:

Identical shop for the old Shiregreener's Firethorn..

Maggie Goulds on Bellhouse rd.

I remember it well Padders.    🤣

There were always cats in there too.        🐈  🐈