Favourite Walks

Had a lovely walk along the Monsal Trail today. The weather was cold but the blue sky made up for the chill. Of course walking along the old rail line meant it was nice and dry too. I started to think of the other walks I love, there is Burbage, Stanage and Mam Tor. Derwent Edge, Alport Castles, Grindsbrook. Frogatt and Curbar. But I also like walking around Langsett, Agden and Strines and the northern part of the Peak, which I think is much under apprecaited. I wonder what other people have as their favourite walks around here.

Thanks for reading

http://www.wapentac.com

I like the White Peak too, especially Dovedale and Lathkilldale. I also think that there are places closer to home that are underrated too, like Wharncliffe Crags, Porter Valley, Bradfield, Wentworth.

oooo i walked warncliff craggs last sunday it was really nice. I love derwent valley, as well i have so many i enjoy. xx

My favourite would have to be the areas around Birchover. An amazing walk with varied terrain and amazing views. Furthermore, having the curious Rowtor Rocks to explore, The Nine Ladies and the Corkscrew on Stanton Moor and finally, Robin Hood's Stride. Great round walk!

Grindsbrook is one of my faves. I find the scramble up the dried river bed a bit scary, which makes reaching the top all the more satisfying.

Grindsbrook is one of my faves. I find the scramble up the dried river bed a bit scary, which makes reaching the top all the more satisfying.

My kind of walk grindsbrook would be i like anything with a scramble rocks and different terrain find flat walks very difficult for me.xx

I haven't been up there for a while. Maybe the Shamblers should arrange a trek up there.

Grindsbrook brings back horrific memories for this Shambler, when a group walk became a nightmare as about 20 of us got swept of the hillside there in force 9 gales. If we do it again, it would have to be on a calm, rain free day for me

Grindsbrook and the nine ladies are all favourites of mine as is the manifold valley which is a little further south. Luds church isnt bad either expecially after kevin costner was there, says the wife !!!

Grindsbrook and the nine ladies are all favourites of mine as is the manifold valley which is a little further south. Luds church isnt bad either expecially after kevin costner was there, says the wife !!!

Old, bald and passed it, tell your wife. And I don't mean me!

Thought you were talking about me then Scoobs. I thought how the hell does he know me!!!!