First South Yorkshire - January 2010 fares increase

fares went up this yr & we didnt get a pay rise .... & next yrs rise wont be anything like the percentage hike in fares lol ....... perhaps you dont understand ... which seems much more likley

boycott em if u got the balls to do it ... but at the end of the day drivers still WHATEVER you or anyone else think about em have nothing/zero/zilch to do with pricing structure .... you'll moan & gripe for a few days as per usual then just accept it as you have done each & every year

yeah whatever so is the fare increases right in a recession the quicker we kick these muppets out of sheffield the better.

yeah whatever so is the fare increases right in a recession the quicker we kick these muppets out of sheffield the better.

at what point exactly mr on his high horse did i suggest it was right ? .... we are in the firing line cos u never see the management who put fares up ... nor do we for that matter ... we just cop for the flak !!!!

we get used to one set of fares then they change things .. u make an error then they sack ya for it ... its not exactly a barrel of laughs for drivers ya know .... cut em a bitta slack .... do ur ranting raging & finger pointing at those that matter .... not drivers who can do sod all about it

at what point exactly mr on his high horse did i suggest it was right ? .... we are in the firing line cos u never see the management who put fares up ... nor do we for that matter ... we just cop for the flak !!!!

we get used to one set of fares then they change things .. u make an error then they sack ya for it ... its not exactly a barrel of laughs for drivers ya know .... cut em a bitta slack .... do ur ranting raging & finger pointing at those that matter .... not drivers who can do sod all about it

feel sorry for you not you chose the job so if you cant take it get out.

lol i can take it .... it goes in one ear & out of the other cos even if i listen intently to ur gripes there aint sod all i can do about it .... get a petition up / write to MP's /write to the company .... do what ever u can you will be doing us a favour as well as urselves if you get "our leaders" to reconsider !

Seriously.

Can we do anything about this?

you can't if you dont try !!!

organise a group or summat to get together discuss a few ideas & set action going .... jan 3rd will soon be upon us so the sooner the better !!!

i rarely use the peasant wagon, so it won't affect me. it is time the council got some balls and told first where to get off and put the buses back under council control though

Its alrite saying this, getting it back into council control will be very hard to do!

1. The council dont own any of the buses.

2. They dont have a load of drivers on there books.

3. It cant be implemented over night.

4. The buses will still run late or not arrive.

5. It would cost a fortune to start up.

If you are saying tho the council should be able to dictate to Stagecoach and First, i can assure you that they WILL just pull out of Sheffield altogether as they are a company run to make profit, not listen to what they can and cant do by the council.

hello spacecat , as JC says WWoBB is very much alive and well - will be at the Town Hall for the council meeting on Wednesday 6th January , and we will be holding a City centre protest on Saturday 9th January ( details to follow ) , yesterday myself and Brandon Jones were interviewed on Radio Sheffield , however he was on in the morning and i was on the evening , in 2005 we were on the same debate / phone-in and since then First refuse to appear with ANYONE who criticses them , either on TV or radio - what are they scared of? , we will debate them on air , live , anytime they , or the media , like.

Some posters have mentioned the free / 40p fares , this does not affect anything , the company receives the full value of the fare from the taxpayer , and the competition Commission investigation is looking at whether First increases fares on services used by free pass holders to effectively steal from the public purse. Also we are not paying for the drivers wages , its very simple , 2009 - drivers no increase , shareholders dividend 10% increase , so we are paying for Brandon Jones and his friends not drivers earning little more than £7 an hour.

Time to do something about it , write to politicians by all means , the Council and our MP's are up for Election in May - no more words , lets see some action by them - but also lets get on the streets on January 9th and force the issue on our leaders , because on previous protests our MP's and Council leaders have been there - come and tell them!

Thanks for that info Calvin .....much appreciated :)

Don't forget, if you're:

16-19 you can catch any bus, tram or train in South Yorkshire for £45

19-21 you can catch any bus, tram or train in South Yorkshire for £54

A good, what, £25 cheaper than Firsts pass, and with this you can use any bus company, tram or train in South Yorkshire.

Sorry oldies you have to pay for the £84.50 for the same privilege, or £75 for just Sheffield.

All the above are monthly btw, as you probably guessed.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/Tickets_Passes/ticket_types/

Edited by Forumosaurus

hello spacecat , as JC says WWoBB is very much alive and well - will be at the Town Hall for the council meeting on Wednesday 6th January , and we will be holding a City centre protest on Saturday 9th January ( details to follow ) , yesterday myself and Brandon Jones were interviewed on Radio Sheffield , however he was on in the morning and i was on the evening , in 2005 we were on the same debate / phone-in and since then First refuse to appear with ANYONE who criticses them , either on TV or radio - what are they scared of? , we will debate them on air , live , anytime they , or the media , like.

I believe that First are quite happy to enter into debate with any party who can offer an intelligent and informed argument. I suspect that this is the reason they will not enter into a debate with WWOBB.

I believe that First are quite happy to enter into debate with any party who can offer an intelligent and informed argument. I suspect that this is the reason they will not enter into a debate with WWOBB.

On what do you base your suspicions? :)

No problem with you disagreeing with us ' neutral body ' - i assume you are happy to direct us to ANY occasion that anyone from First has debated with anyone from the Council or anybody else on the media since November 2005 on Radio Sheffield when they were exposed live on air - why do they insist on appearing separately on EVERY occasion? - i'm not talking about me or WWoBB , a Council leader will do.