First South Yorkshire - January 2010 fares increase

Many customers will get another shock when they find that First will not be providing an evening service or Sunday services on several routes from Jan 30th 2010.See my thread Big changes to Sheffield Bus services.

Many customers will get another shock when they find that First will not be providing an evening service or Sunday services on several routes from Jan 30th 2010.See my thread Big changes to Sheffield Bus services.

thats makes it more the reason to boycott the clown company

I now have stopped using first unless desperate & will get stage coach and walk the extra..... its not a case of saving the pennies its pounds now & thats before the price hike. Its a pity that we can't all boycott them but not every one drives and not all routes are covered by other companies.

It's not just a 7.5% rise. The FirstDay Sheffield ticket goes from £4 to £4.80 - I reckon that's 20%. They did this last time - there was a headline "8%" rise but many tickets went up more.

"We Want Our Buses Back" is alive and well and getting ready for a howl of protest.

first do a far better job than other companies such as arriva, in my experience.

It's not just a 7.5% rise. The FirstDay Sheffield ticket goes from £4 to £4.80 - I reckon that's 20%. They did this last time - there was a headline "8%" rise but many tickets went up more.

"We Want Our Buses Back" is alive and well and getting ready for a howl of protest.

The Sheffield Firstday ticket may have a typing error in The Star - unlikely to be priced as the same as a South Yorkshire ticket. Think local Sheffield Firstday should be £4.30 and NOT £4.80 .

OK Silverknight, you could be right, perhaps it is a Star typo.

I haven't gone through them all but there's another that stood out: FirstMonth SY up from £68 to £74.70 rise of £6.70, that's practically 10% isn't it?

cheers

OK Silverknight, you could be right, perhaps it is a Star typo.

I haven't gone through them all but there's another that stood out: FirstMonth SY up from £68 to £74.70 rise of £6.70, that's practically 10% isn't it?

cheers

yet again the people of sheffield are ripped off by this company 1.50 rise in a seven day saver is a joke this company is complete joke and so basically we are paying for the drivers wage rise . the quicker something is done with this company the better they cant even provide a good service. with stage coach starting a service near where i live it may be longer but will save me a lot of money.

you may have failed to notice but we were on strike regarding no wage rise earlier this year !!! in the end we got £100 in high st vouchers for this yrs wage rise which we had to pay tax on !!

surely most other folk had some form of wage rise as in a few £££ in their pocket rather than a high st voucher !!

when ur havin ur dig ... altho some folk will only see the hand in front of their face .... bus drivers do not make up nor increase fares nor instigate positioning of fare stages .... vent ur anger in the right place not at drivers ..... we get sod all out of it !!!

you may have failed to notice but we were on strike regarding no wage rise earlier this year !!! in the end we got £100 in high st vouchers for this yrs wage rise which we had to pay tax on !!

surely most other folk had some form of wage rise as in a few £££ in their pocket rather than a high st voucher !!

when ur havin ur dig ... altho some folk will only see the hand in front of their face .... bus drivers do not make up nor increase fares nor instigate positioning of fare stages .... vent ur anger in the right place not at drivers ..... we get sod all out of it !!!

so dont yopu get a pay rise next year ? were paying for it quite simple really but you dont seem to understand.

hello spacecat , as JC says WWoBB is very much alive and well - will be at the Town Hall for the council meeting on Wednesday 6th January , and we will be holding a City centre protest on Saturday 9th January ( details to follow ) , yesterday myself and Brandon Jones were interviewed on Radio Sheffield , however he was on in the morning and i was on the evening , in 2005 we were on the same debate / phone-in and since then First refuse to appear with ANYONE who criticses them , either on TV or radio - what are they scared of? , we will debate them on air , live , anytime they , or the media , like.

Some posters have mentioned the free / 40p fares , this does not affect anything , the company receives the full value of the fare from the taxpayer , and the competition Commission investigation is looking at whether First increases fares on services used by free pass holders to effectively steal from the public purse. Also we are not paying for the drivers wages , its very simple , 2009 - drivers no increase , shareholders dividend 10% increase , so we are paying for Brandon Jones and his friends not drivers earning little more than £7 an hour.

Time to do something about it , write to politicians by all means , the Council and our MP's are up for Election in May - no more words , lets see some action by them - but also lets get on the streets on January 9th and force the issue on our leaders , because on previous protests our MP's and Council leaders have been there - come and tell them!

I've sent my letter to David Blunkett. It's gotten beyond a joke now, something has to change.

and hsi reply will be " bus fares on commercial bus services are the responsibility of the service provider"