Would you work 40+ hours a week for £40

i'm not satisfied to sponge, as that's not what i'm doing... I have worked, and paid into the state... I was made redundant last august, and I'm applying for several jobs per week, 99% never get back to me... I just won't (out right refuse) to work for minimum wage, and be WORSE off, more tired, colder, and having no free time... compared to now...

I understand what you're saying about companies not replying,my son was looking for a P/T job to support himself while at uni,hardly anyone replied to his applications...a bit downheartening really..as to what you're willing to work for I've found it's easier to get a better paying job while you're in employment but obviously it's up to you...I think anything is better on a CV than months of doing nothing...

i'm not satisfied to sponge, as that's not what i'm doing... I have worked, and paid into the state... I was made redundant last august, and I'm applying for several jobs per week, 99% never get back to me... I just won't (out right refuse) to work for minimum wage, and be WORSE off, more tired, colder, and having no free time... compared to now...

I'd work for 16k+, but would prefer 18k+ as thats what my last job was...

my problem is (and check out some of my older threads for deeper explinations) I don't have any GCSE's so i'm limited in what I can do, and when places ask for qualifications over experience i'm screwed... or when I could do the job but it requires me to be able to drive (which i'm going to be picking up again in the new year though) I can't and I don't even apply for it.

My bolded bit laddo... My last job paid £13.97/hr for a 39hr week then time and half for all other hours, I averaged 48hrs but some weeks worked 59hrs. Work it out :confused: I now work for a lot less than that but put the hours in to compensate.. Where do you get off on sitting on yer arse, claiming you wont work for less than ????? I'm quite sure that the benefits agency would be jumping through hoops on hearing that you wont work for less than ????? :huh::huh::huh: There is work out there you have just gotta put up and shut up and do it...

thats the thing, i'm not doing 'nothing' i'm doing training and voluntary thigns, within the confindes of what the jobcenter say I can do without it effecting anything.

the last few jobs I have applied for and actually got to interview, have all said that there is only a couple of spots available, (most times even only one job) and they have had 200+ applicants for it etc.

and RIZRAT, I CANT just do 'any' job.. you don't understand my circumstances, and I think you should before posting.

the job center themselves, when they do thier job match/job search they have even said "there's no jobs for you" -- they have said that for a few months now, and its a wide search/match they are doing.

so, until you know my circumstances, please shh. :)

Edited by Ghozer

Are you and all the other sanctimonious lot who have just posted at work at the moment then. Just wondered what you were being paid for? You know apart from sitting on your back-side on the comp typing hypocritical drival on this forum and no doubt others.

Are you so sure that your jobs are safe or that will you never be sick and therefore never have to spill you guts to some stranger looking down their nose at you because they are on the right side of the desk to get what you are entitalled to.

Just to answer your question, no i wouldn't and i don't for one minuite believe that any of you lot would either, no matter what **** you put on here.

Liza D, so what exactly are you entitled to and were does that entitlement come from. The state is not a money tree: Input =Output. The UK should adopt a balance of payment system like so many other countries -you can only take out what you put in. Shame on you Liza D and get a job.

thats the thing, i'm not doing 'nothing' i'm doing training and voluntary thigns, within the confindes of what the jobcenter say I can do without it effecting anything.

the last few jobs I have applied for and actually got to interview, have all said that there is only a couple of spots available, (most times even only one job) and they have had 200+ applicants for it etc.

and RIZRAT, I CANT just do 'any' job.. you don't understand my circumstances, and I think you should before posting.

the job center themselves, when they do thier job match/job search they have even said "there's no jobs for you" -- they have said that for a few months now, and its a wide search/match they are doing.

Ghozer - keep trying something will come good. Good luck.

DUR ??? Elaborate then, As to why you should have special treatment ?? £16,000 to £18,000 indeed !!!

Edited by RIZRAT

Do the under 24 get housing and council tax benefit

Honestly I dont know, just wondered

Do the under 24 get housing and council tax benefit

Honestly I dont know, just wondered

Ask Ghozer. he seems to know how to claim and be better off than working for a living ?

All changed now

we got 18 shillings for the second child and nowt for the first

can you really be better off not working? what about all these tax credits etc for people who are working and dont you have to have N.I.C. to claim unemployment?

All changed now

we got 18 shillings for the second child and nowt for the first

can you really be better off not working? what about all these tax credits etc for people who are working and dont you have to have N.I.C. to claim unemployment?

"Signing on" gives you your NIC as I understand it..

In 1968 I was unemployed for three weeks and on the third week the employment had me turn up everyday to go for an interview... it worked for me On the Thursday I was hired and started on the Friday. why cant they do that now.

If your able to do the job does it matter what the job is, you just use it to get onto your feet and look for something better

In 1968 I was unemployed for three weeks and on the third week the employment had me turn up everyday to go for an interview... it worked for me On the Thursday I was hired and started on the Friday. why cant they do that now.

If your able to do the job does it matter what the job is, you just use it to get onto your feet and look for something better

But that means you have to get out of bed before dinner time. :rolleyes: