Did anyone go to St Catherines RC school?

sousa4198

orry having trouble getting your message will try again later

taine

I went there and left in 1993.

Originally posted by susa41981

Talkin' of dinner ladies, does anyone remember a rather largish woman, very stern looks and used to wear grips in her short curly hair, lovely woman though.

She was called Mrs Wean.

The dinner ladies, yes.

When I was there there were 4 dinner ladies:

Mrs Shipston (Anglo-Indian lady with a bee hive hairdo)

Mrs Wean or Wheen

Mrs Menzies (before she became secretary)

Mrs Allen

Mrs Lingard was the caretaker, and a fine one too!

My mum now lives in a flat overlooking the school. I always wonder wheter if I was ever that little! When we were there uniform wasn't enforced. That seems to have changed now, though.

I think my sister may have gone to this school in the 40s and 50s, does anyone remember Monica Axelby?

The name sounds very familiar.

Was she a cousin to Maureen and Peter Mason or a friend of thers. I think her Mother worked at Notre Dame while I was there.

hazel

No Hazel, it must be a different person

I went to st. cath's. my brothers Andrew and Jason and my sister Sarah also went.

Anyone remember the nasty old bat who did the crossing patrol outside the Pitsooor Post office? She tried to whack me with her lollypop

Originally posted by banana

Anyone remember the nasty old bat who did the crossing patrol outside the Pitsooor Post office? She tried to whack me with her lollypop

Hasn't she been replaced by a set of traffic lights?

I went to St Catherines in 1945 to 1952 and then I went to Notre Dame with Mrs Bower with whom I was friends with for a long time even after we left school she went on to being your head mistress and went in other directions jsut tought you may be interested. is the school still there

hya,i went to st caths the same time as you.mrs.smith was my 1st teacher.my favourite teacher was sister rapheal .we must have been in the same class.remember the moffatt twins?i am joseph[joe].twin brother called peter.classmates were alan yates,fred horseman,chester lowe,dennis trainer,james linton,john guilfoyle to name but a few.sadly school now demolished.there is a photo of its demise on sheffield library.com pictures.youv,e got me wondering who you are now.sorry,only just found this.all the best joe.

i remember singing on the stage in the hall for the bishop i sang with my class and rocked a golliwog doll cant remember what we sang. that was about 1947 my long term memory is not bad its yesterday im having trouble with. i remember sister mercy- she had non., sister raphael and when I was may queen sister aquinas asked me to say a special prayer for her when i crowned our lady, she died not long after, less said. I remember eileen johnson, theresa seviour and john guilfoyle and james linton . Oh the memories are coming back sorry if im boring you. yes i would love to go back and look inside

so many memories.i remember sisters mercy,aquinas,also sister bertram,tiny and always had a red face,not forgetting sister vianna[head sister.she had her own classroom above the bikesheds.i think thats what they were.also mr. giles [farmer],my last teacher.ps.who are you.?:confused: joe moffatt

i remember singing on the stage in the hall for the bishop i sang with my class and rocked a golliwog doll cant remember what we sang. that was about 1947 my long term memory is not bad its yesterday im having trouble with. i remember sister mercy- she had non., sister raphael and when I was may queen sister aquinas asked me to say a special prayer for her when i crowned our lady, she died not long after, less said. I remember eileen johnson, theresa seviour and john guilfoyle and james linton . Oh the memories are coming back sorry if im boring you. yes i would love to go back and look inside

remember sisters bertram and vianna[head]her classroom was above the bikesheds[i think thats what they were]in the playground?.also mr.giles[farmer],he was my last teacher before i left.still wondering who you are.joe moffatt :confused::confused:

I was there in the 60's before moving onto S. Peters about 1965.