Sturrock removed as boss at Plymouth

Whenever he's interviewed on TV he always seems to look like he's worried he's left the gas on at home.

stuurock has never recovered properly from his ill health, he has not been a bad manager at all best to be removed now though before the stress of the game and his health gets worse.

why cb are you always willing to make a comment on peoples misfortune

I notice Paul Strachan is not pulling up many trees either! Wednesday need cash and it doesn't look forthcoming. The other downside is that anyone good, doesn't seem to want to come to S6.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/12/10/SOCCER_Plymouth.html.

As long as money dictates football - and Wednesday have very little - the Owls will continue bumbling round mid table. There is an outside chance that a truly gifted manager could guide them into the play offs, but the harsh reality is Wednesday are a big side with few resources, and until that factor is addressed, they will continue to tread the path of mediocrity.

As long as money dictates football - and Wednesday have very little - the Owls will continue bumbling round mid table. There is an outside chance that a truly gifted manager could guide them into the play offs, but the harsh reality is Wednesday are a big side with few resources, and until that factor is addressed, they will continue to tread the path of mediocrity.

I couldn't agree more. I thought they just came up by Hartlepool shooting themselves in the foot. As was pointed out at the recent AGM, the recession has deterred any possible investors. I wouldn't call them a "big club"

anymore - very little success since 1935 and much turbulance in recent years. The only thing big, is the debt.

wednesday was once a big club but they have no money now, laws has hardly had any money while he has been manager, hope wednesday do stay up they don't deserve to be where they are, saw them at the lane and in the 1st half they were rubbish the second half thought they could have pulled it back to a draw,when they play good football they can play but they are just not consistent enough.

As former manager, Howard Wilkinson, would say:"If if if, if my auntie were my uncle. They are not consistent and it is becoming too much of an excuse.

Their defensive at Bramall Lane was appalling yet as you say, it could easily have been 3-3, yet the reason it wasn't was a squandered chance. The fact is that teams score a number of goals which is too many for the Owls to match or surpass - the strike force is poor on quality.