Sturrock removed as boss at Plymouth

I notice Paul Sturrock is not pulling up many trees either! Wednesday need cash and it doesn't look forthcoming. The other downside is that anyone good, doesn't seem to want to come to S6.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/12/10/SOCCER_Plymouth.html.

I had mixed him up and called him Paul Strachan originally.

Edited by CHAIRBOY

Absolutely right - Sturrock (a senior moment!)

Gordon Strachan is doing a wonderful job at Middlesborough where he is saving lots of money which otherwise would be paid as win bonuses.

would you wednesdayites have him back at the Sty to replace Laws ?

The mans not well CB, lets leave him alone eh.

Also he is staying there in another capacity.

if i remember rightly paul sturrock was sacked after a bust up with dave allen

i am sure he would be welcomed back

he,s in same boat at plymouth as owls no money no future simple

cb i am really sure your a big fan of kevin blackwell like rest of utd fans are (not)

Edited by get it qik

i wouldnt have him back, but wish him all the best for his future and through his illness.

cb i am really sure your a big fan of kevin blackwell like rest of utd fans are (not)

Not sure whats thats got to do with me asking if you would have Luggy back at the Sty but anyways i will answer your question :hihi::hihi:

I cant say I am a massive fan of Blackwells no but, when i met him on my last trip over in the players lounge after the Barnsley match he was nice enough to have a picture with me and chat for a few minutes.

Nice bloke - YES

Good manager - NO

IF we did somehow manage to make the play-offs and get to the Premiership I fear we will get mullered every week and be straight back down with the worst points total ever, then my old mate Sham will get his wish and Blackwell will be out :hihi:

The mans not well CB, lets leave him alone eh.

Also he is staying there in another capacity.

I know hes not well mate and there was no malice in my post, Just wondered what owls thought about having him back IF laws was let go and lets face it Laws will be gone sooner rather than later if they keep getting beat week after week and not scoring

only a few games ago blackers was in lawseys shoes

I am pleased Paul is not jobless altogether. He appeared to feature well with Division 1 sides like Plymouth and Wednesday. I owe him a big thank you for after Plymouth waltzed around the Owls at Hillsborough, I had a sizeable bet on The Pilgrims at 8-1 to be champions. Not successful in the higher tier, Sturrock came to Hillsborough. My beef with him was walking down the tunnel

in added time. I thought it was most unprofessional and akin to my leaving a class unattended for the last five minutes. All hell could break out.

Sturrrock got caught out with a late goal and realissed it was a silly superstition. His other mistake was going against the adage - Never Go Back!

(to Plymouth).

Edited by CHAIRBOY