Broomhill/Ranmoor - Decent Restaurant

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in broomhill/ranmoor? Any cuisine!

Go upthe hill to x-pool and there's Artisan. Can't get much better than that.

Ranmoor tandoori is a good Indian.

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in broomhill/ranmoor? Any cuisine!

When we lived at Graystones we always used Ranmoor Tandori. Realy nice food, not too expensive and best of all you can take your own drink. In fact you can get a pint at the pub next door and walk round to Ranmoor Tandori with it, they take the glass back for you.

The Italian at Crosspool is nice too.

simon

Rafters at Hangingwater Road crossroads has always been great (although I have to admit have not been for a while cos been trying other places out but not aware of any changes).

It's a nice place for a 'celebration' meal with nice quietish atmosphere. no high ceiling noise bouncing around etc. Background music just right and food was always exquisite!

Not cheap but good value for what you actually get.

Depends what you're looking for.

Went here for a friend's birthday in Broom Hill recently http://www.buondeli.co.uk/ Everyone was impressed by the food (and price, if you choose the set menu) and we have a wide range of tastes.

West 10 every time.

IMO the best food in Sheffield.

Makes Smith's eateries (Artisan and his glorified caff in Broomhill) look like Damon's.

Canton Orchard Chinese Restaurant at Ranmoor, my favourite....the best in Sheffield by MILES.....superb food and lovely old house its based in too....expensive but who cares if the food is great

I like thyme cafe- never had a bad meal there.

Go upthe hill to x-pool and there's Artisan. Can't get much better than that.

Ranmoor tandoori is a good Indian.

Artisan is great, but I have to say the few times Ive been in the Ranmoor Tandoori, the food has just been ok, and the staff just seem to want you to eat your food and leave quickly, the last time I went with my partner, we were told all the tables were booked for 8.30pm despite the place being half empty and it only being 7pm..they didnt seem impressed by my claim that we would eat a curry and be gone by 7.45! We drove down to the superb Cafe Guru instead.

Rafters - best restaurant in Sheffield (or on a par with Milanos)

Last twice we've been to Artisan we've been really disappointed. Rafters on the other hand is always fantastic.

[....] the few times Ive been in the Ranmoor Tandoori, the food has just been ok, and the staff just seem to want you to eat your food and leave quickly, the last time I went with my partner, we were told all the tables were booked for 8.30pm despite the place being half empty and it only being 7pm..they didnt seem impressed by my claim that we would eat a curry and be gone by 7.45! We drove down to the superb Cafe Guru instead.
We eat at the Ranmoor Tandoori or takeaway really regularly (weekly!) as it's our local and we have quite the opposite experience. The staff fall over themselves to be accommodating (despite the fact that we take our 3 year old with us and he can sometimes behave too much like a 3 year old!) and the food is excellent.