Rage Against The Machine for Christmas No1

If you can't see that the irony are the lyrics themselves ..... especially given the last 'refrain' .....

Maybe Rage should change the Lyrics to "you're under control and you'll do whatever Facebook (but not Simon Cowell) will tell you."

Maybe Rage should change the Lyrics to "you're under control and you'll do whatever Facebook (but not Simon Cowell) will tell you."

Doesn't really scan... :suspect:

All that Cowell is doing is supplying a product that satisfies the lousy taste that a lot of people are cursed with.

The Christmas number 1 has been a byeword for novelty tat for years and years anyhow.

Putting aside for one moment the fact that I don't rate Rage Against The Machine's music much higher than the usual dross that fills the charts...

Is installing a set of millionaire rock stars (backed by the multi-billion multinational media conglomerate Sony) at number 1 really any better than having Simon Cowell’s latest freakshow on the airwaves?

Yeah man, let’s rage against capitalism all the way to the bank…

Whilst I am all for Cowell's X Factor dross disappearing from our tv screens forever, I think the real irony is that ever since the X factor monopolised the Xmas No.1 spot, not too many people(Cliff being the exception!) really care about who's No.1 except those not wanting it to be an X factor product.

Your average Joe most likely doesn't give 2 hoots who is Xmas No.1......it ain't THAT important.

Edited by Kingmaker2

It does however change these guys' lives and we put this opportunity there so that the winner of the X Factor gets the chance of having a big hit record.

"I think it's quite a cynical campaign geared at me which is actually going to spoil the party for these three.

if ever there was a reason to get another song to number one its these lines from pieman bowel. Time he realised that other opinions of a decent record count not just his

I'm in anything that gets this crap karaoke out of the charts gets my vote

you and me both:hihi:

The trouble is though it won't.

If this campaign suceeds then it will merely demote the record to No.2.

It won't actually affect the sales volume of the X factor song, so Cowell is wrong in this respect, the campaign won't ruin the chances of the X factor winner getting a big hit record, that will still happen regardless of whether it is No.1 or No.2.

The campaign against the x factor single , if it suceeds will only give short term satisfaction of denying the x factor winner the No.1 slot.

If you truely want the X factor dross out of the charts then you need to somehow campaign ITV to drop their cash cow.

The trouble is though it won't.

If this campaign suceeds then it will merely demote the record to No.2.

It won't actually affect the sales volume of the X factor song, so Cowell is wrong in this respect, the campaign won't ruin the chances of the X factor winner getting a big hit record, that will still happen regardless of whether it is No.1 or No.2.

The campaign against the x factor single , if it suceeds will only give short term satisfaction of denying the x factor winner the No.1 slot.

If you truely want the X factor dross out of the charts then you need to somehow campaign ITV to drop their cash cow.

Yes I take your point but it will show that there are a huge amount of people who hate the x factor and the total rubish that it produces.

Also it may mark a turning point for the shows popularity as some might start questioning why they like a show which is so totally false.

Yes I take your point but it will show that there are a huge amount of people who hate the x factor and the total rubish that it produces.

Also it may mark a turning point for the shows popularity as some might start questioning why they like a show which is so totally false.

Wishful thinking methinks!

I totally understand what this campaign is trying to achieve but ultimately it will achieve very little, as it won't keep the "x factor "off our screens, nor out of the papers or out of the singles chart.

Like I said, I don't truely think that many people apart from "team X factor" and Sir Cliif are really that bothered about the Xmas no.1 slot anymore.