Martial arts sessions - discussion and session times.

Ask him I first met him around 1994/95

Hi

Does anyone know of a Go Kan Ryu Karate class running in Sheffield? I used to go to one about 5 years ago at Walkley School run by Sensei Oliver. It relocated but I haven't been able to find it since. I want a Karate class for myself and my 8 year old son to go to together.

Hi itsme

Go to Castle Market

Theres a fish/seafood stall called " The shellfish bar"

Its near the computer games place(one row away) and the chippy.

The stall is run by a drop dead gorgeous young woman and ehr husband who is a great laugh.

Her husband teaches karate and seems like a really nice guy(hes a lucky bugger havign a wife liek that too id say!).

In short their a lovely pair of young people.

His club s "GKR" . He is also open minded and has experimented with some kickboxing and other styles too.

Good luck.

Hi jaykd:

You met Farhad in 94/95?

Damn!

wasnt he at university then ?

I take it he was a begginer then too?

He says email him on :

info@sheffieldkickboxing.com

He wants to ring you and have a chat and catch up.

Hi Dwhembro

Did you try Brians classses out yet?

Whats it like?

hi do any of you know of the

Chinese Kickboxing Centre for Martial Arts on

Old Clock Tower, Firth Park Rd, Sheffield,

???????????????????????????????????????

Originally posted by Davemantis

hi do any of you know of the

Chinese Kickboxing Centre for Martial Arts on

Old Clock Tower, Firth Park Rd, Sheffield,

???????????????????????????????????????

Never heard of it before I'm afraid - but it has been around long enough to make it onto Yell though the fact that the only listed number is a mobile doesn't exactly inspire confidence! Are you loking for somewhere in Sheffield to teach?

Hi,

I've been reading all the discussions trying to find a suitable class to take up when i move back to Sheffield but can't find what i'm after. Trawling through the search engines doesn't seem to throw up much either.

I've been doing Shaolin Kung Fu in manchester for a while now and want to adopt some more direct attacking techniques like in Mui Tai/kick boxing. Basically what i'm looking for is some cross training classes that use a combination of styles/schools. Jeet kune Do might be an obvious choice but i'm not sure.

Can anyone suggest a club that does Shaolin 5 Animals Style with a bit of kickboxing thrown in?

Thanks.

There is at least one shaolin school that I know of (see here) though I have not actually tried them so can't comment on what they teach :o

hi Ironballs

The club evildrneil has put you onto is a student of Yap Lung in London.

the only other clubs i would recomend are jay_kd classes at the Source, Meadowhall (JKD)

Lau Gar but most of that is from a sport side (but they do a more traditional class also)

Then i do 7 star mantis but thats in dinnington

asfor kung fu thats all i would recomend, but thats not including Wing Chun of Tai Chi mind you

who did you train with and for how long did you do Shaolin Kung Fu in manchester for????

Hey there

im new here but need some info!

There is a distinct possibility that i might have to go an live in hong kong next year, and was wonderin what martial art is native to that area. i know a lot of kung fu is from mainland china but wanted to know if any specific style originated in Hong Kong?

I have trained in freestyle karate/ kickboxing for the last year, (though i am obsessed with my nunchaku and ninja-to) but if i do go then i want to have a headstart so that when i get there i can just join a class and get on as usual.

Thanks guys (and gals)

Me