Martial arts sessions - discussion and session times.

Try Judo Groundfighting/Wrestling

Using skills found in Groundwork side of Judo, Brazilian Jujitsu and General Wrestling.

The Source Health Club

Tuesday 6 - 7.15

emphasis is on developing skill and technique, email address is phphilz@hotmail if you want any more details

I perhaps think that if your wanting to try out a form of MMA of a hybrid style then Wicker Camp won't be to you advantage, however if your wanting to learn an single effective martial art (either for the traditional cultural aspect of the sporting/competing aspect) then Wicker Camp is THE place - when it comes to reputation for active experienced fighters Wicker Camp is one, if not the, most deocrated Muay Thai gyms in the uk, currently housing many champions.

Also Private tutition is available with a choice of professional instructors fopr groups of 1 to 4 people.

I do believe that one of the main instructors from AFK actually trained at Wicker Camp many moons ago.

Guys,

I had asked a mod to make this stick and thought that we might keep this one to be specifically a list of sessions, times and locations.

So rather than discuss stuff in here, lets start new threads and this one can stay as just the list.

mod - could you tidy it up again please?

Originally posted by jay_kd

Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do, Eskrima/Kali, Grappling and some other stuff

You seem to be the only person in and around Sheffield doing any sort of FMA - would you be aversed to running a straight escrima/kali session?

Its about time someone had yet another martial arts discussion.

Filipino martial; arts?

I know that my Jay-Kd (mark hayes to his mates)

has trained with mr inosanto himself.

Mark hayes is **** hot!

dont underestimate him at all little guy though that he is

Sorry yes Filipino Martial Arts! I've been to a few of Marks lessons (and yes he is **** hot!) and really enjoyed them - but having done a air amount of kick boxing I would like to do some stright kali / escrima (possibly with some dumog / panantukan thrown in for flavour!)

evildrneil:

dont you like kickboxing?

you should pay us a visit sometime and have a spar.

I do like the kick-boxing yes - but I'm happy with what I've done in the past (predominantly muay thai at the whicker camp) and also I've been out of kickboxing for a while now and although I have tried a couple of times I have found it really difficult to get back into so wanted to give something else a try to get back into the M/A routine before maybe doing so more kickboxing :)

Seems to be a gap in the market for martial arts classes on saturdays, looking at the above post. Pity, that'd be the best day for maybe getting my girlfriend involved! Ah well.

I'll try and have a look at as many of the clubs mentioned as possible. Good to see that there are so many places going strong in Sheffield!

Wing Chun Kung Fu

Chinese Community Centre

I believe it's now on a Saturday evening, 1800-1930

We have sundays at the wellington street boxing gym 12-2pm

Saturdays? hmm i rememebr we did have saturdays ocne but not many people were interested.

There is a boxing circuit there on a saturday at 11am mind you.